Quantcast

2009 specialized sx (not trail) !!!!!!!!!!!

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
I don't swap bikes, I just keep acquiring new ones.

And on the subject of E-type, Braze on or whatever. Spec calls it "Direct Mount" (Rep was in the shop today)
So typical of the bike biz. It is an e-type mount, it has been around for years....now spec is using it and has to come up with some trademarked name.......

THe bike biz should officially change its name to:

"the buzzword, useless feature, and catch-phrase industry........that sells bicycles".

TWeerts

Monkey
Jan 7, 2007
The Area Bay
LOLS

I agree, I also don't agree with proprietary shocks and such nonsense.
everybody knows this is not a proprietary shock mount, right? i guess that was a stupid comment considering...

the shock simply slides into a sleeve, and is bolted in there. it is a standard rp23.

the i2i/stroke length maybe an odd size, knowing specialized, but it is not a proprietary shock mount.

CarbonMike

Chimp
Mar 23, 2007
Slovakia
I really dont like their special shock mount. Its just next thing with which you can have problems. I dont think that it makes suspension a lot better than simple shock mount.

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
Spesh designs a shock mount that works around current rear shock standards that is far more robust than the current eyelet bushing design. Props to them.

Standards are nice when you are in a pinch for something, but I'd rather have something that is a bit more thought out, and leave it up to myself to be prepared if something mechanically were to fail.

Uncle Cliffy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2008
Southern Oregon
everybody knows this is not a proprietary shock mount, right? i guess that was a stupid comment considering...

the shock simply slides into a sleeve, and is bolted in there. it is a standard rp23.

the i2i/stroke length maybe an odd size, knowing specialized, but it is not a proprietary shock mount.
O.k. As the title of the thread suggests, we aren't talking about the SX trail; which does have a specific rear shock mount on the coil models...