Quantcast

2009 Specialized SX - pictures

bikeit13

Chimp
Jul 31, 2006
Well I got my new SX frame in today and since I haven't seen any pictures of them around here, I thought some others would like to see one built up.

Since there's about 2 feet of snow out, I can't really ride it, which sucks but my initial impressions are good. The BB height is really low, frame/shock weighs 8.5 pounds which was a little more than I hoped for. It rides really well though, in the drive way... Really easy to manual and turns very quickly, which I was pumped about.

Still a few things I want to change (seat, bar/stem, pedals, and maybe fork) but other than that, its ready to go.

Enjoy:

Last edited:

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
mmmmeeelllllllting. I'm MMEEELLLTINNNG.

Sick bike. Enjoy and let us know how it rides.

OB1

Monkey
Looks good man. I'm not a big fan of the girly top tube. But I'm much more about function than form. I'm building mine up now. Should be done tomorrow. My goal was a 4x specific build under 30lb. Should be close to 28 depending on which tires I finally stick on it. Sorry, didn't mean to derail. Take another shot when u get all the parts you want on there.

rockwool

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Filastin
Sick man, enjoy it, and propps to S for daring to create something that unusually shaped. The paint matches the curves of the frame and it could be seen as girlish if a girl rides it, but it's also paisly cool (and Prince has these past few years revived and is once again the hot hot sh*t!). :D

Is it a small (still only two sizes, right?), and do you have any geo on top of your head (to lazy to look for my self)?

WhiteRavenKS

Turbo Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
neither here nor there
maybe you could keep the frame looking clean by using the bike wash at lake minnetonka.

it looks like a kids bike to me but love or hate it, specialized is making bikes that look different this year and are certainly not to be confused with other brands. and i like to thank the god when companies do their own thing. riders should too. props on the new bike.

bikeit13

Chimp
Jul 31, 2006
Thanks for the comments guys.

Looks good man. I'm not a big fan of the girly top tube. But I'm much more about function than form. I'm building mine up now. Should be done tomorrow. My goal was a 4x specific build under 30lb. Should be close to 28 depending on which tires I finally stick on it. Sorry, didn't mean to derail. Take another shot when u get all the parts you want on there.
Whats the build on yours? This hovers around the 30 pound mark. Would love to make it lighter.

RideRMB

Monkey
Aug 29, 2007
'Da Hood
Well I got my new SX frame in today and since I haven't seen any pictures of them around here, I thought some others would like to see one built up.

Since there's about 2 feet of snow out, I can't really ride it, which sucks but my initial impressions are good. The BB height is really low, frame/shock weighs 8.5 pounds which was a little more than I hoped for. It rides really well though, in the drive way... Really easy to manual and turns very quickly, which I was pumped about.

Still a few things I want to change (seat, bar/stem, pedals, and maybe fork) but other than that, its ready to go.

Looks good 'Drew, can't wait to see it in person this season.