Quantcast

2009 Specialized SX trail

letsgetit

Chimp
Jan 16, 2010
Germany
Can somebody set me straight on the offset/dish of the wheel on the 09 SX trail frame? Do I need to custom build a wheelset, modify a pre-built wheelset ect... I have seen so many diffrent "theories" in the last couple of hours it has given me the worst headache ever! I was looking at an azonic outlaw set, now I'm not sure?

Also.....

Forgive my new-found "noobness" as I have been out of riding for the last couple of years due to deployments. Dishing refers to tightening the spokes on the non-drive side for clearance on the drive side correct? And the tapered steers, what is required for a new headset? i.e. tapered headset, reducer cup, frankenstien two diffrent headsets etc... And due to the top, i would imagine I am limited to 1 1/8 forks? Thanks for any help!!!

OffCamber

Monkey
May 27, 2005
Loxahatchee, Fl
I had a set of wheels built by a friend for my 06 Enduro SX. When I went to put them on they were way off. He dished the rear in about 5 minutes. I believe most wheel sets can be dished.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Dishing means the rim is moved over laterally. You do this by tightening one side of the spokes and loosing the other, to keep the trueness even.

The 6mm offset is a real nuisance. If it was so important, you'd think every bicycle would use it, not just selected Specialized mountain models.