Quantcast

2009 Thule Speedway 3

Aleforge

Chimp
May 26, 2009
Lake Saint Louis, MO
Not sure which area this should go, and I tried searching without any luck so here it goes. :biggrin:

I need a rack for my SUV, I have no trailer hitch or roof rack. So I was looking around and came across the Thule Speedway 3 seen here for 119 bucks. I'm tight on cash and thought it was a good deal "if" it wasn't complete crap. Does anyone use this model and can they fill me in on if its any good? I am open to any suggestions as I am completely new to these things.

Thanks!

Streamline

Spammer Extraordinaire
Jul 9, 2007
I used one and loved it. The only reason I changed was due to carrying 3 all mountain builds and my cars aero. I have a Toyota Matrix and the wind catches the wheels and although is stay fairly steady and never slipped I was just nervous. If you knew me you would know that I can be overly nervous about stuff like this.

I don't know that the model name is the same but it looks exactly the same. I am trying to sell it if your interested just pm me, it only got used for one season and is pretty much brand new.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
the speedway is a nice rack and not bad for the money.

ive never really liked putting 3 mountain bikes on a trunk rack, but it can obviously do it.

what types of bikes are you using? you might need a frame adapter to work with the rack