Lelandjt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2008
Breckenridge, CO/Lahaina,HI

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
I just had a look at Littermag's walk of the course with Jared Rando, http://www.vitalmtb.com/photos/features/09-World-Champs-DH-Track-Walk,183/Slideshow,1425/sspomer,2. Lots of smooth berms and jumps, the rock garden looks pretty tame, there's no steep rooty section, and I see a lot of flattish pedaling sections. I'd say Lopes has a good chance and you know he's been training like crazy and really wants this.
1. Reports from the hill seem to be to the contrary, and the rest of the track should be much rougher after its actually ridden.

As for Lopes, I wouldn't give him better then a top 10. This ain't A-line

?????

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
San Francisco
1. Reports from the hill seem to be to the contrary, and the rest of the track should be much rougher after its actually ridden.

As for Lopes, I wouldn't give him better then a top 10. This ain't A-line
That would be a good result for an American at worlds DH, no?

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
Lopes isn't a slouch in the rough stuff by any means. I'd expect him to do real well even if it gets all whooped out.

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
If we can put an American on the top of the podium at worlds, I couldn't care less who it was.

I hate Lopes with a passion but it would be cool.

Peaty for the win though!!!

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
If we can put an American on the top of the podium at worlds, I couldn't care less who it was.

I hate Lopes with a passion but it would be cool.

Peaty for the win though!!!
I agree on all 3 accounts. Also, Lopes is the bike world's most freakishly talented athlete. I've seen that guy do things in a race that you almost couldn't follow with the eye. His reaction time in his twenties was so much faster than anyone else that racing was almost unfair at times.