Quantcast

2009 Uzzi proto?

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
nm...someone on hcor posted them to see.....man its totally different than my current Uzzi. it looks like a Tracer w/ less travel than the "current" Uzzi

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
Cool, maybe I can pick up the older style cheap in '09 :biggrin:

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
My guess is various levels of prototype.
thats what im thinking. the Works bike has the old swingarm on it.
and depending on if they were taken at the same angle, the leverage ratio on the red one appears to be higher for the top link

Cool, maybe I can pick up the older style cheap in '09 :biggrin:
i got a large black Uzzi w/ a Swinger 6way....cheap

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
They have a huge amount of model overlap for such a small company, no? Seems like it would be tough to perfect 5+ full suspension bikes at once (M6, Socom, Uzzi, 6.6, SS, etc.)

RMboy

Monkey
Dec 1, 2006
England the Great...
Lol i like the way the shock piggyback (lol love that word) runs close to the top tube.. Looks really nice and neat and compact.. Or shall i say tidy!.. I think it looks pimp!

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
The bikes look sick, prolly the shock mount difference could be the size of the frame.
Agreed it looks sick, and I could be wrong, but those different mount locations will result in different shock rates so I am guessing they are different prototypes and that all sizes of the production bike will be one way or the other.

pdawg

Monkey
Feb 27, 2006
Espoo, Finland
Not necessarily so. IMHO, this Uzzi could fill the gap between the Socom and M6 quite nicely. I hope they don't go too light on the tubing, i.e. FRO version.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
They have a huge amount of model overlap for such a small company, no? Seems like it would be tough to perfect 5+ full suspension bikes at once (M6, Socom, Uzzi, 6.6, SS, etc.)
Yep, I voiced that when the "new" (?) light duty M6 was posted here. I mean, 3 DH race bikes? I know there are fanboys, but damn, enough to sustain that kind of overlap?

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Not necessarily so. IMHO, this Uzzi could fill the gap between the Socom and M6 quite nicely. I hope they don't go too light on the tubing, i.e. FRO version.
Wouldn't it fill the gap between the Socom and the 6.6 sort of? Anyways, just seems like a lot of bikes for a small company.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Yep, I voiced that when the "new" (?) light duty M6 was posted here. I mean, 3 DH race bikes? I know there are fanboys, but damn, enough to sustain that kind of overlap?
they all have different amounts of travel and different geometry. the Uzzi was never meant to be a race bike, nor does it look like one now. the Socom and the M6 are their "race" bikes.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
they all have different amounts of travel and different geometry. the Uzzi was never meant to be a race bike, nor does it look like one now. the Socom and the M6 are their "race" bikes.
I'm talking about this:

This is a 8.2" travel prototype I have been working on with Matti. the Idea was to make a lighter, less is more race rig. There are two of these with different geometries & they were fabricated out of various exsisting parts.
Once we get things worked out the packaging will be cleaned up.
The one in the pic weights in @ 37#, It will not replace the Socom .
product overlap ahoy!
©2001;3008224 said:
sven sent a photo of this and no information. i know nothing about it, but it looks pretty rad.

info? speculation? this is different than matti's other m6 with the "curved" downtube, right?

http://ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=206487&highlight=intense