Quantcast

2009 Windrock Festival

Metal Dude

Turbo Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
Smackdonough, GA
Yeah, I got only one day to get out and it looks like sunday will have better riding conditions.
Any set time the shuttle will be running til on Sunday? Sometimes if you only
show up on Sunday everyone is worn out from Sat. and shut down early.
Will Sat. be the longer day for shuttles?

mtb-sam

Chimp
Apr 5, 2009
East, TN
unfortunately i wont be able to make it till Sunday because i have to work Saturday. Id also like to know what time the shuttles will be running on Sunday...id be more than happy to put forth some money towards gas.

-sam

Jul 9, 2007
Had a great time this weekend guys! thank to everyone for great work on the trails and putting the vent together. I'll be drinking a beer tonight from my cane creek pint glass that should have been a double barrel...

Anyone heading down over thanksgiving? I know it is a month away but after this weekend I'm so psyched to get down there again. Thanksgiving is probably the next time I'll be in TN though. If anyone else is going to be there around TG let me know, I'd gladly throw down some cash to get in on some shuttle runs.

--Adam

haromtnbiker

Turbo Monkey
Oct 3, 2004
Cary, NC

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Haha, thanks for passing the news on to us though. :p We ended up taking a two lane road for 60 miles going through Cherokee land and through Hot Springs to get back to Asheville. I'm sure it was a lot better than the 100 mile detour that was I-81 to I 26
Yep, we were going to soldier on, because I knew the way from Maggie Valley where 40 was closed, but my passenger who just thought he had a case of butt pee realized he had a full on stomach bug right before we got on the parkway in Cherokee. That road is bad enough as is, much less with him being sick. So I turned around.
So, we pretty much pulled out our senior citizens cards and took a damn leaf tour today.

Metal Dude

Turbo Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
Smackdonough, GA
Yeah, pullin' out the grampa card myself. Headed to the doc now to find out what damage the wrist, arm took in that freaky crash I took 1st run down Windmill trail.
I think it's fractured or just wrenched. Think slammin your wrist in car door.
The sweelling had gone down a good bit wit the ice and the left handed manual drive home, which was fun! So I decided to skip the overnight wait at the ER.

I hit a rock with the front wheel which blew my hand off, then when I crashed tat said arm somehow fell between the triple clamp and frame creating an arm bar, ouch it hurt really bad at first! Thanks to the guys for helping me down the hill! Got out of that
death whole off the side of the trail just before Peter did a face plant in the same spot.
anyway this took me like 5 mins to type so you guys won't have to hear my whining
for a while, guess i need yo lern shrt hnd lik all these texting kids do these days

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Huge thanks to all that showed up. The conditions on Saturday weren't ideal, but better than last year's snow and mud. However Sunday's conditions were as good as it gets. The dirt was velcro and the temperature was perfect.

I would like to thanks the sponsors for all the raffle prizes:

-Cane Creek
-Industry Nine
-Specialized Tires
-e13
-Sicklines
-Morewood

Also another thanks to the Windrock Crew and others for helping get the trails in shape:
-Terry, Mark, Brain P, Brian H, Jay, Jeff H, Eric, Thomas, Brian N, Joey, Ben, Kenan, Karl, and Geritt (I hope I don't forget anyone)

Thanks to all the riders for coming and making this a great event. The burgers, beverages, and grill was a great idea and I hope a new staple to the event.

Also a huge thanks to Brian and Josh for loaning us the vehicles to shuttle with. For an event with no entry fee (other than the land owner permit) I think its a good value.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Anyone heading down over thanksgiving?
Yep, we have plans to be riding. Bring your burly trail bike as well. If its too wet to ride the DH trails, we have a few other long shuttles we can do on trail bikes that we can ride in bad conditions. But these aren't sissy trail bike shuttles. These are burly and long. :weee:

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Grand Haven, MI
Doug

Thanks for putting it on. Great MX ride on Friday and DH on Saturday. (BTW: the MX trails are way harder than any of the DH trails). I bailed Sunday morning after feeling like crap all day Saturday. Still not feeling good.

I really wish I had footage of the quadtard at the top of the windmill trail. Anyone know the outcome of his over agressive driving?

gobighitmtb

Chimp
Jul 26, 2009
IL
Hey us Chicago guys couldn't have asked for a better time. I have never been in so much pain and had so much fun at the same time. We’ll be back again soon.

-D.K.-

888fall

Chimp
Sep 16, 2009
chicago
great event thanks for getting it together. like dan said us guys from chicago had a blast. you cant ask for better trails and an even better atmosphere. this was my 2nd fall fest and hopefully lots more. thanks
jerry