Quantcast

2010 Giant Glory with 13.6" BB and 63 deg. HA

robert716

Chimp
Feb 22, 2010
Reno, Nevada
Second, that a lot of people would make changes based on what they read on the internet, rather then trying things for themselves and finding out funny things, like a 64 HA isn't quite so useful when high speeds aren't that high, and more turning is involved. Just because somebody on the interwebbes says you need a 64 HA, doesn't mean its applicable to where YOU might be. SO, I wondered aloud how many people go and make these changes to their bikes without realizing that the stock bike angles may actually make more sense.
Good point.

Lelandjt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2008
Breckenridge, CO/Lahaina,HI
It will hapen on almost any bike. Adjusting to a new lower one will take time but it's not rocket science.
I wouldn't want to adjust to a lower BB. I already have to be aware of bumps and roots on the landings of big drops. BB height is a balance of cornering ability and having to avoid bottoming out. I think the height of my V10 cuts the perfect compromise.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
I wouldn't want to adjust to a lower BB. I already have to be aware of bumps and roots on the landings of big drops. BB height is a balance of cornering ability and having to avoid bottoming out. I think the height of my V10 cuts the perfect compromise.
I see you like your v10 but you wouldn't like to adust? In case of most good bikes after a couple of weeks it doesn't feel different. Also comming back I'm pretty sure you'd bash your v10 much less ;) Seriously ppl ride on lower bikes and their bb and pedals don't explode. I actualy bashed as often on my previous mine as I do on the one I rode for the past 2 seasons and there was some noticable bb differance.

Last edited:

TheInedibleHulk

Turbo Monkey
May 26, 2004
Colorado
I call bull**** on the "shut up and ride" statement. No one is claiming that their new shock is going to make them the new Sam Hill. Dh bikes cost a lot of money, you spend a lot of time on them, and there's nothing wrong with wanting your bike to feel the way you want. It is more about comfort than speed, but it's hard to go fast consistently on a bike you are uncomfortable with. Plus, it's the winter, unless you are going to shut up and ride your road bike, what else is there to do besides dork out on the internet about bike geometry?

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
I call bull**** on the "shut up and ride" statement. No one is claiming that their new shock is going to make them the new Sam Hill. Dh bikes cost a lot of money, you spend a lot of time on them, and there's nothing wrong with wanting your bike to feel the way you want. It is more about comfort than speed, but it's hard to go fast consistently on a bike you are uncomfortable with. Plus, it's the winter, unless you are going to shut up and ride your road bike, what else is there to do besides dork out on the internet about bike geometry?
rep added ;)

Steve M

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2007
Whistler
you're taking his statement too literally.......
I think his point stands regardless. Most of us haven't got a snowball's chance in hell of becoming professional racers, doesn't mean we don't want a bike that rides as nice as we can get it to. You don't have to be Michael Schumacher to drive a Ferrari either (yes outdated analogy, deal with it).