Quantcast

2010 giant glory !!!

frango

Turbo Monkey
Jun 13, 2007
Production paiting will be rad, guys :)
My Glory frame has been initially confirmed for beginning of August :)

Last edited:

Rick205

Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Looks like giant have answered many peoples calls to make the glory lighter etc, looks like it will be a good year for those on the lookout for a new frame.

Que 3 page thread about comparisons to IH sunday......

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Looks like giant have answered many peoples calls to make the glory lighter etc, looks like it will be a good year for those on the lookout for a new frame.

Que 3 page thread about comparisons to IH sunday......
I just wanna know how they are dealing with the patent issues. My guess is that the anti-squat curves aren't the same.

frango

Turbo Monkey
Jun 13, 2007
Little geometry comparison :)
Thx for my mate, Luku.

It seems HA is the same. BB height is very similar. 2010's front triangle is a little bit longer but the WB is a bit shorter. Standover is pretty much lower, which is good for such hobbits like me ;)

Attachments

Last edited:

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
BB height similar with less travel? Wasn't the bb height on glory 14.7'' or sth rather higher than lower?

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
awesome looking frame. Much cleaner than the last one. I really question the need for that amount of hydroforming, but it does look nice. I thought the bashguard was integrated into the frame, at first, which would be a neat but heavy innovation. Looks to me, on an armchair engineering level, that the links are different enough from a sunday despite the similarity. Plus IH is in no position to file a lawsuit, and I'm sure giant has done their homework to make sure it's not a DW-link knockoff.

frango

Turbo Monkey
Jun 13, 2007
norbar, my mate says it's 355mm (nearly 14")... It's not as low as your Legend was going to be ;) But it's not tower-high, either ;)

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Ask "your ways" if there were any changes during the years as from the reports of different ppl say they have it higher(around my bike height that feels rather high). I'm just curious and it's not my obsession with numbers taken from my uni ;)

BTW. Cecil - I just found your older post about the glory bb height:
http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2815015&postcount=6

I'm confused

Last edited:

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
The Glory DH has a lower BB then the Glory FR/0/1. The Glory DH ranges from 14-14.25 from what I've seen, depending on tires and who's measuring. The Glory 0/1/FR tends to sit closer to 14.5.

Metal Dude

Turbo Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
Smackdonough, GA
Cecil doesn't have a Fox 40 on this bike, the new fork has a lower ride height. I would guess that might be some of the difference. Don't know if that is with the same tires but, I would think tire profile would also affect bb height.

no skid marks

Monkey
Jan 15, 2006
ACT Australia
65degree head angle with 2.5 Maxxis and 14" BB would be best IMO, riding rugged tracks, put bigger tyres on for more cushioning, and get a higher BB for better clearance to boot.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
Like Chuck said no Fox 40 on my build, plus I put in a Flush Mount Head set. Running 2.5" tires right now. When off the bike the BB is 14", but when my weight is on the bike it is more like 13" to 13.25". That is with the rear shock set at 32% Sag.

Hope that helps a little.

Cecil

slothy

Monkey
Sep 21, 2007
Ireland
That glory is nice, I would seriously think of getting one if it was bigger than my socom.
The quality fo the build/finish on a giant is really sweet, I love their no nonsense approach,
only negative is their graphic designers use horrible colours and cappy looking graphics, I think all their colour schemes are really crap. Id still buy one though I think

frango

Turbo Monkey
Jun 13, 2007
I have been using Glory DH XS, which was too small. Then, I switched for Glory S, so bigger size and little bit different geo. Glory S was very good. I hope, new Glory DH S will be good, as well.
I am not very demanding. I can adapt to new geometry (unless it's really awkward) in 1-2 weeks :)

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Plus IH is in no position to file a lawsuit, and I'm sure giant has done their homework to make sure it's not a DW-link knockoff.
Not to start this debate again, but even if IH was still around, I don't believe they'd be in any position to file a lawsuit, as the patent was not theirs (they licensed it from DW).

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Not to start this debate again, but even if IH was still around, I don't believe they'd be in any position to file a lawsuit, as the patent was not theirs (they licensed it from DW).
This is true...I guess I misspoke. I was just trying to make the point that Giant is giant, and they won't knock something off that they don't think they can get away with.

frango

Turbo Monkey
Jun 13, 2007
Yuroshek, is 2wheelfreaks going to ride Glory 2010 next season?

My Glory S frame is scheduled for beginning of September :)
FSA 1,5"-1,125" Giant Blue headset has just arrived. It weighs 108g w/o star, nuts and top cup.
2010 Totem Solo Air tappered is on the way :)
I have just ordered LG1+ 40t for new setup :)
I should get FSA Gravity Light CF 710mm h-bar during Eurobike :)
My new Glory should be about 15,4kg :)

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
yes we will be on the 2010 glorys, everyone on the team will have their chance to get them as soon as they hit the states. im very excited to build/ride this bike its going to be amazing. my bike should weigh between 37-38 pounds race ready with DH tires and tubes and number plate haha.

Dennis

kidwithbike

Monkey
Apr 16, 2007
Hoboken, NJ
So Clean!
i am a very lucky man, it wont be long till i have one of those between my legs! I am sure its gonna ride as beautifully as it looks, based on my past experience with my Trance X and my 09 glory. good god that thing is sweet.

What do you guys think about the rear brake routing?

frango

Turbo Monkey
Jun 13, 2007
We've been talking about cables routing on MTBR Giant forum. People have had diffrent opinions. But, I think 2 pieces of PCV (PCV) tube protecting cables under the BB will do the trick. Just ilke on Sundays and der. cable on the chainstay.

Natedog

Monkey
Nov 8, 2003
Ventura, Ca
i have a feeling they werent suppose to put that picture up yet of the 2010 glory...
Those photos were definitley not supposed to make there way out yet. But "Pandora doesn't go back in the box, she only comes out..." so there ya have it.

More official things will come around interbike time