Quantcast

2010 Glory frame

cmoney

Monkey
Jan 20, 2008
Anyone have a large 2010 Glory I am 6'2 and usually ride a large frame but the numbers on the Giant website say 25.4 inches for the top tube this sounds huge to me.They seem to be measuring it behind where I would think the seat would actually be.Anyone know for sure?

hucked2bend

Monkey
May 24, 2005
Bend, Oregon
Anyone have a large 2010 Glory I am 6'2 and usually ride a large frame but the numbers on the Giant website say 25.4 inches for the top tube this sounds huge to me.They seem to be measuring it behind where I would think the seat would actually be.Anyone know for sure?
Not a 2010, but my 08 frame (large), with the same TT length does not feel too big for me at 6'-1". This after coming off a med Sunday, which was close to too small. The measurements do seem odd.

Racebike

Monkey
Jul 28, 2008
Sweden
Hi, I would strongly recommend you go for a Large.

My girlfriend just received her 2010 Glory Med. She is 5'8 and it was spot on with a 40-50mm stem. I'm 6'2 and her bike feels way too small for me.

The TT gives a bit of a false statement. The TT on the medium looked a bit too long compared to what she is used to and it was a bit of a worry. I think the diff. was almost 2 inches (51mm).

In reality the "reach" was only a tiny bit longer (12mm) and everything was good.

daisycutter

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2006
New York City
I am an even 6 feet and have a medium. I find the cockpit a bit small. A 6+ dude like you has to go large. There is a sticker on my medium frame which says 5,6" to 5, 10". I asked this question a few months ago and got a varied response. I would have bought a large if I had to do it all over again

Last edited:

YoPawn

Chimp
Aug 13, 2009
Never trust Giant's geo numbers. They are by far the WORST company when it comes to posting real geo numbers. They honestly don't give a rat's ass about you and leave on the bike shops to provide real information (if they are aware of Giant's complete retardation.)

Giant makes nice bikes, but has probably the worst customer info and relations of any big bike company out there. It really pissed me off when my Reign X1 came with 3/4 inch shorter top tube than claimed along with a 1 inch shorter seat tube. when asked if I could return it based on their false advertising, they said FU!

Giant seems to care less if people are happy with their bikes. :mad:

JCL

Monkey
Aug 31, 2008
Never trust Giant's geo numbers. They are by far the WORST company when it comes to posting real geo numbers. They honestly don't give a rat's ass about you and leave on the bike shops to provide real information (if they are aware of Giant's complete retardation.)

Giant makes nice bikes, but has probably the worst customer info and relations of any big bike company out there. It really pissed me off when my Reign X1 came with 3/4 inch shorter top tube than claimed along with a 1 inch shorter seat tube. when asked if I could return it based on their false advertising, they said FU!

Giant seems to care less if people are happy with their bikes. :mad:
Spot on. A friend who works at a dealer that does a lot of business with Giant asked a rep how they could get the Glory geo so wrong. He said they (meaning Giant Taiwan) don't make bikes for enthusiasts... Say no more.

Metal Dude

Turbo Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
Smackdonough, GA
Top tube measurements are varied due to seat tube angles. So comparing the Giant to other bikes you must consider how the measurement is made. With the seat up high
above the bars and where the stem and seatpost intersect on a level plane.
So if you have a 58degree on one bike and a 65degree seat angle on another the actual top tube could be the same but, the virtual measurements would differ.
That being said the Med. fits about the same size rider (5-6 to 5-11) in most Manufacturers. You just need to do your homework and that's why it's good to ask
others who didn't. Very obvious that if you are 6'2" get a large.
I ride a Med. and I am 5'8" good fit.

leprechaun

Turbo Monkey
Apr 17, 2004
SLC,Ut
I'll confirm too, we have a large in our shop and since the seat tube is so slack it measures waay longer than it feels. Look at the wheelbase for more proper handling. Go large.

BrianMac

Chimp
Sep 10, 2001
Toronto, Canada
I'm 6'2 and have always liked shorter bikes. Part of it does come down to how you like to ride. I trail ride my dirt jump bike and simply like the feel of the shorter TT.

I had an old large Giant DH team and it felt like I was driving a truck. My 07 medium Glory was perfect. I went with a medium 2010 Glory frame (which just arrived) so we will see how it fits.

Tapered headset was not included with the frame for mine.

Brian