Quantcast

2010 Masters World Championships

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
Anyone know anything about this event?

I hear Brazil has it this year, but that's all I know.

SinatorJ

Monkey
Jul 9, 2002
AZ
Masters worlds in the land that invented the Bikini Wax... sounds really interesting to me.:thumb:

I can't be the only one who thinks this is a poor choice?
I understand for everyone's else view this might be a "intereseting choice". My wife is Brazilian, I have lived there,speak Portuguese,and the state that is it being held in is top of our travel list for places we have not been(in Brazil)so for me it is maybe different. And since I ticked over the 30 mark this past year I am pretty stoked on it.

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
I'll be there.

I missed out last year's race because of work. I promised myself to go this year and what do you know? It's in Brazil.

So sweet.

So who is going?

Weather (still winter time in sept. there), logistics (remeber travel issues pros had in '07?), track layout is hardpack and really narrow. I don't like that.
Average tempature is between 59(min) and 70(max)degree's. The WC race was there in 05 and 06. I was not there so I dont know how hard it was to get there maybe someone who did it can chime in,I only remember hearing the airline "misplaced" some bikes but that would be the airlines fault.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
People are wondering why 30+ year old men chasing glory on a bicycle in foreign lands would be pumped to go to a DH on a beach in Brazil? There are way more gay guys on here than I thought.

danielbender

Monkey
Sep 21, 2004
Brazil
if anyone needs help, please contact me:

bender@dhbrasil.com.br

Balneario Camboriu = Beach/Girls/Parties/Cheap all you can eat sushi/Go-kart/shrimp/girls/parties..........

info: http://www.ciclismosc.com.br/worldchampionships/

It has decend tracks around Balneario Camboriu if anyone arrives earlier that Worlds.

The DH track will be the same that WC, with minor changes. Course is narrow, but fun to ride!

Everyone will be welcome!

Last edited:

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
It will sure make a nice change to the rainy alps. Talking to the lads who raced there a few years back, I can't wait. Monkeys? Tropical forests? Finishing on the beach? Seafood dinners? Fµck yeah!

The missus and I will probably make a decent holiday out of it. Get there a week or two earlier. She lived in Brazil for a while, so she can be the tour guide!

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
if anyone needs help, please contact me:

bender@dhbrasil.com.br

Balneario Camboriu = Beach/Girls/Parties/Cheap all you can eat sushi/Go-kart/shrimp/girls/parties..........

info: http://www.ciclismosc.com.br/worldchampionships/

It has decend tracks around Balneario Camboriu if anyone arrives earlier that Worlds.

The DH track will be the same that WC, with minor changes. Course is narrow, but fun to ride!

Everyone will be welcome!

Hi brother. Long time no chat! Wondered if you still lurked or not. Sorry I was never able to come down. Let me know next time you hit the USA again.

Why don't you post some of those pics you used to send me of the girls? That's advertisement enough. I remember something like a dozen bombshells to every spiked gel haired guy. :clue:

Demomonkey

Monkey
Apr 27, 2005
Auckland New Zealand
Weather (still winter time in sept. there), logistics (remeber travel issues pros had in '07?), track layout is hardpack and really narrow. I don't like that.
Judging by some of the news footage we've seen over the past couple of days I was thinking more like the chances of getting caught in a fire fight between the police and gangs.....

danielbender

Monkey
Sep 21, 2004
Brazil
Hi brother. Long time no chat! Wondered if you still lurked or not. Sorry I was never able to come down. Let me know next time you hit the USA again.

Why don't you post some of those pics you used to send me of the girls? That's advertisement enough. I remember something like a dozen bombshells to every spiked gel haired guy. :clue:
Hey Bizutch! You should come to the Worlds
Soory, but i dont have your email anymore! send it to me by PM!

I'll probably hit US next week or the following, just waiting a meeting confirmation!

check this out - http://www.pinkbike.com/news/xupetaworx-09.html

For everyone that wants to be in Brazil for worlds, i bet that it will be an unforgettable trip!

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
You guys can all go there, get a brazilian wax to be faster and to keep from sitting in the pedaling sections, then go learn some Brazilian Jiujitsu while having lunch on the beach.