Quantcast

2010 mongoose line

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
2010 and they still have their bike names backwards.

racer boy says "yeaa im gonna "boot" that line thru the rocks!"

hucker boy says "yeaa brah pinn that drop!"

:thumb:

iandude94

Monkey
May 30, 2008
OC, NY
2010 and they still have their bike names backwards.

racer boy says "yeaa im gonna "boot" that line thru the rocks!"

hucker boy says "yeaa brah pinn that drop!"

:thumb:
Haha, I always wondered why they named them like that. And haven't these have been out for a while?

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
Mongoose is freeride and GT is the race brand while Cannondale is the technology brand. The Boot'r is Romo's bike hence the slang names. They are not trying to appeal to the racers.

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
Mongoose is freeride and GT is the race brand while Cannondale is the technology brand. The Boot'r is Romo's bike hence the slang names. They are not trying to appeal to the racers.
So your telling me they named these bikes backwards on purpose bucko? Sorry but your wrong and I know this for a fact.

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
I think you misunderstood him. Reread his post.
yea i read it over and over but it still doesnt tell me why the bike names are backwards.

i know for a FACT that someone at mongoose messed up. people make mistakes and this one was big.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Those names got something in common with michelins tires. Grip'r Rock'r / Boot'r Pinn'r
'r is a copy right of Asian Pacific Importers Incorporated Conglomerate Initiative 2009. All rights reserved. Any attempts to reprint, reuse, or redistribut 'r is punishable by law.

Do not taunt 'r. Do not stare directly at 'r. 'r is not safe for use on children under the age of 11 and may cause swelling, rash and shortness of breath.

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
San Diego, California, United States
BB on the swingarm? I'm I the only one who thinks that is a horrible idea?
its not attached to the swingarm. the shock and bb are on one link with a pivot between them and the bb is attached to the swingarm with a little linkage. its a pretty efficient design i just wish they would have gone with bigger pivots like on the GTs. hopefully they have fixed the cracking problems on the canaans for this year too

dest

Monkey
Aug 1, 2006
NYCity
mongoose bikes are very cool and are spec'd very nice for the price but for resale they suck you better really plan on keeping it cause they lose more than like 75% of value which sucks i know i speak from exprience. i have one that i just cant sell cause ill be giving it away and refuse to do that.

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
yea i read it over and over but it still doesnt tell me why the bike names are backwards.

i know for a FACT that someone at mongoose messed up. people make mistakes and this one was big.
I never said the names were not mixed up. I said the brand is being marketed towards freeriding/fun and GT is their race brand. I am friends with the guy who thought of the names and I think it was more of a timing issue of the redesigns of each model. It really doesn't matter.