Quantcast

2010 on the SWEET BUS

Sep 9, 2004
richmond, va
Next summer should be BUSY for the bus! I plan on converting the interior to better suit longer trips/camping and have already equipped the exterior with a http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j55/firstbornbikes/SWEET/Bike_Rack-02.jpg. Here are the events that we plan on visiting.

RACES:
- May 1st - Massanutten Yeeha, VA (Gravity East)
- May 28th-30th - US Open of Mountain biking at Diablo, NJ
- June 5th-6th - Dirtybird, NC
- June 12th-13th - Seven Springs, PA (Gravity East)
- July 3rd-4th - Plattekil, NY (Gravity East)
- July 10th-11th - Highland Mtn, NH (Gravity East)
- July 15th-18th - US Nat'l Championships (Sol Vista, Granby, CO)
- July 31st-August 1st - Sugarbush, VT (Gravity East)
- August 14th-15th - Killington, VT (Gravity East)
- August 21st-22nd - Dirtybird, NC
- August 28th-29th - Windham UCI World Cup, NY
- September 4th-5th - Shenandoah 100, VA
- September 11th-12th - Whiteface 5k, NY (Gravity East)
- October 2nd-3rd - Vertical Earth, PA (Gravity East)
- October 30th-31st - Dirtybird, NC

RIDES:
- Snowshoe
- Highland
- Timberline
- Hawks Nest
- Wind Rock

ALSO, I'm thinking about filming our adventures and some of the race action. Let me know if you'd be interested in contributing to the filming/editing.

So anyway, reply or send me a PM if you'd like to join us for any of this season's trips.

Sep 9, 2004
richmond, va
i might not be doing much downhill this summer, but i'll be goddamned if i'm not at least going camping a couple times.
F Yeah! I have been eyeing some good ones for the "partyer" (as opposed to the rider/racer).

US Open at Diablo
Windham UCI World Cup
ALL of the Dirtybird and Timberline trips!

Sep 9, 2004
richmond, va
Not sure what they'll have in 2010, but in 2009 some guys put some serious work into the area to make the inaugural race course. I assume they've kept at it and perhaps a few more trails have been built. I haven't ridden there yet, but all I've heard has been real positive.

Sep 9, 2004
richmond, va
there's ALWAYS room on the bus. Just hit me up close to that time to let me know the specifics of where/when to pick you up. Also, send me a PM with your "real" name and number. I'll give you a call if somehow all the space is called for already.

BD-DV07

Monkey
Nov 1, 2007
Blacksburg, VA
HAHAHAHA... J-Jones told me about this thing, I just cant believe it! haha.. I would say it would be sweet to bring up to Brush, but it may not be as shuttle friendly as SUV.. haha

Sep 9, 2004
richmond, va
We may be bringing it anyway. This weekend (DirtyBird) sparked some interest in three of our buds. They said they might want to come along to ride next weekend. We'll see how it pans out, but I figure we'll take the bus if there's five or more of us. Is the shuttle all paved? If not, how rough are the fire roads?

BD-DV07

Monkey
Nov 1, 2007
Blacksburg, VA
I think the sweetbus could totally handle Brush... The Freeride kids would got nuts over it for sure.. Park that shiz at the Freeride Farm and get crazy on the jumps. good times this weekend.. have fun at the 100... we'll have to do brush again before winter, and hopefully I can make it back up to the shoe before the end of the season.