Quantcast

2010 Specialized

Natedog

Monkey
Nov 8, 2003
Ventura, Ca
I understand Nate's point. He's not trying to hype his brand, just justifying their reason for specing Saint parts and pointing out the ways different brands either look to save money...or make money...on high end bikes when specing them out. It's not an indictment on the Specialized brand, just two different ways to sell bikes.

I know Brandon doesn't spec bikes with crap because he rides and races too. You'll always find him running what will work on his bikes and apparently he and his crew have confidence in that set of wheels. Is it also a way for them to make a few dollars (or keep from losing a few) on the complete bike? Maybe. Maybe not.

Riders themselves get to hash that one out over the coming year and will make the final call on the spec for next year.

Now...when is someone going to make a $3500.00 race ready complete DH bike like Iron Horse was doing?
Couldn't have said it much better. I know Brandon, and have worked with him in the past. He's a great guy and definitely knows his $hit. I am not discounting his knowledge and reasoning as a product manager either, he knows what it takes to sell bikes and has a good track record of getting it done.

I just find it somewhat humorous that because it's the bike Sam is on, and it looks the same it makes it the sickest bike of 2010...

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Is it only me or does the enormous hype everybody anticipate not really comming? Yeah Sam and new geo will hype the frame more but looking at what goes on here the new DW bikes(Evil and Turner), 951 and some others gather 10x the hype. People will buy demos but I don't think they'll see them as the hottest bikes of 010.

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
Specialized should start gorilla internetz marketing, use the new suspension buzz-words like "kinematics", and have a Shepard Fairey underground vibe. That combined with Sam Hill as their sponsored rider and they'll rock so hard that they'll melt your face off and become the 12th largest economy in the world.

leprechaun

Turbo Monkey
Apr 17, 2004
SLC,Ut
Now...when is someone going to make a $3500.00 race ready complete DH bike like Iron Horse was doing?[/QUOTE]

The 2010 Glory 1 is $4000 with a Boxxer team and a fox DHX RC2

Glory 0 Frame is $1600 with an RC4!!!!!!!!

I know, different geo, etc etc...

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
More progressive spring curve
So there's some news. I'm guessing not as linear as the current model but not as crazy ramped up as the original demo?

Sounds good.

On the 2200: you guys who think that's high need to take a good look at the engineering and construction of a demo and then go look at some of the other big names that sell for 2700+.

Last edited:

BOOMSLANG

Chimp
Apr 6, 2009
Morgan Hill
So there's some news. I'm guessing not as linear as the current model but not as crazy ramped up as the original demo?

Sounds good.

On the 2200: you guys who think that's high need to take a good look at the engineering and construction of a demo and then go look as some of the other big names that sell for 2700+.
You are correct, not as ramped as the original Demo 8/9 and just a little bit more than last years 8. Right in the sweet spot. Relies less on the shock damping for bottom out control and increases sensitive off the top.

Boomslang

Natedog

Monkey
Nov 8, 2003
Ventura, Ca
Now...when is someone going to make a $3500.00 race ready complete DH bike like Iron Horse was doing?
The 2010 Glory 1 is $4000 with a Boxxer team and a fox DHX RC2

Glory 0 Frame is $1600 with an RC4!!!!!!!!

I know, different geo, etc etc...[/QUOTE]

Maybe you can tell people how that bike rode on the Giant thread?? I believe I saw you floating around at "The Link"...

mades

Chimp
Jun 21, 2009
Anybody know when these things are expected to be available for shipping??? My dealer told me late Aug from what he can see. It's 9/1 today...... waiting on an sx trail 2

APIOQM

Chimp
Aug 31, 2008
That's exactly what I've been looking for. I'm thinking the Demo 1 is the best choice, but does anyone know if specialized is still making a DH dedicated bike in the future years, or are they keeping the demo? I wouldn't want to get a new bike and have something new and better come out the year after.

MDJ

Monkey
Dec 15, 2005
San Jose, CA
but does anyone know if specialized is still making a DH dedicated bike in the future years, or are they keeping the demo?
Wow. Is it possuible to answer that question?

Uh, the demo is a DH dedicated bike, and yes I would imagine they will keep making DH dedicated bikes in the future years.

APIOQM

Chimp
Aug 31, 2008
Wow. Is it possuible to answer that question?

Uh, the demo is a DH dedicated bike, and yes I would imagine they will keep making DH dedicated bikes in the future years.
DH dedicated or not, I just wanted to know if they are making a new bike. I don't think they will totally change the frame in the future, You would think specialized already had their new bike made before signing Sam and Brendan.

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
DH dedicated or not, I just wanted to know if they are making a new bike. I don't think they will totally change the frame in the future, You would think specialized already had their new bike made before signing Sam and Brendan.
If that's the way you are thinking about it then you should never buy a bike because the bike companies will always be a year or two ahead of the consumers.

APIOQM

Chimp
Aug 31, 2008
If that's the way you are thinking about it then you should never buy a bike because the bike companies will always be a year or two ahead of the consumers.
I get what you mean, but look at the changes of the Sunday, or Demo over the years, versus something, like the Atomic, or the Wilson etc...

Last edited:

NoUseForAName

Monkey
Mar 26, 2008
Give it up. Either buy the bike you want now, or wait forever just to make sure that you're not getting something 'obsolete'.