Quantcast

2010 Wilson vs 2010 Glory

silex

Chimp
Feb 27, 2010
Los Almos NM
what should i get? i can get either for the same price with an rc4 its a really tough decision. i ride mostly downhill and i race. i do most of my riding at a place that is fairly steep. thanks for the input.

time-bomb

Monkey
May 2, 2008
right here -> .
Both are relatively light and use same shock so that is a wash. All the e-racers say the Giant has too steep of a HA but the people actually riding it haven't complained. The Wilson has a 64* HA and a 1.5 head tube so you can always go slacker if you want using an aftermarket headset w/off set cups. So the Wilson scores a point for more adjustablity. However, the Glory has a lower CG due to the way the suspension is set up.

Best thing you can do is to ride them both if you can to see what you are more comfortable on and which suspension design you like better. All the e-speculation in the world can't do what that will do for you.

silex

Chimp
Feb 27, 2010
Los Almos NM
i rode the glory yesterday around a parking lot and i liked it a lot. im not going to get a chance to ride a wilson at this point. just because of that i think im favoring the glory a bit haha but i dont want to make any stupid decisions.

time-bomb

Monkey
May 2, 2008
right here -> .
I doubt either of them would be a stupid decision but I haven't ridden either one to really give you a fair comparison. There are quite a few guys on here that are on the new Glorys and really like them. Hopefully someone w/a Wilson can chime in to offer up their own experiences.

Anyway, if you rode the Glory and liked it then it would be less of a risk for you to get that than a bike you haven't ridden and think you might like.

silex

Chimp
Feb 27, 2010
Los Almos NM
ya for sure. on thing that im not as stoked on with the wilson is how high the shock is. the glory has a lower center of gravity right? if thats true that also scores some points for me with the glory.

HighMinion

Chimp
Dec 4, 2007
Own a Wilson, great bike. Sure the new Glory is great too. Doubt the CoG of that far off on either. Most of the Wilson weight is pretty centrally located. Newer Wilsons have the needle bearings so many of the early flex complaints are rectified. Frame is super adjustable (with 40, semi integrated headset and 2.35 Maxxis rubber, M frame).

bb: 13.9in - 15.4in
HA: 64 - 66.8
Travel: 8.6in - 9.1in

As everyone else said can't really go wrong with either. Try both, but if you like the Glory by all means go for it.

cmoney

Monkey
Jan 20, 2008
I have a 2010 Glory it is a great bike the center of gravity does feel quite low you almost feel like you are sitting in the bike rather than on top of it.My head angle is 64* with my Boxxer all the way down in the crowns and a zero stack headset the bb height is exactly 14 inches which I really like because where I live there is a lot of rock and I can actually pedal a lot of sections that I could'nt on my old bike,I have not noticed the higher bb when cornering this bike feels like it has infinate grip,when you think it has to break loose it just keeps hooking up.The wheel base is 46.5 for a large frame with 2010 Boxxers it weighs 36.4 pounds without to many weight weenie parts.
It pedals really well and has no noticable brake jack,small bump is good,medium to large hits it just swallows,it also jumps very well,all around great dh bike,do not believe the people talking **** about them that have never ridden one if they had they would change their minds.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Whichever bike you buy, pedal so hard you think your butt is gonna pop off and drag the ground. That's what makes the bike go fast. Pedal when you don't think you need to. Pedal more. Then keep pedaling. That is the fastest bike. :weee: