Quantcast

2011 Ancient Peaks Classic!

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
July 23-24 this year will be the first ever Ancient Peaks Race. It is located just north of San Luis Obispo. I went and shot images at the course the other day. It has tight twisty berms through trees with drop offs and huge high speed berms with jumps that are about 35' in length. Check out more info on the link below. I am going out again next week to shoot images and possibly some video also! I have seen about 50% so far of the trail and it looks killer. Those of you with nothing going on should make the drive to the race the course is pretty killer.

http://www.ancientpeaksclassic.com/

Last edited:

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
This is pretty damned cool, we just received flyers at our shop. Glad to see another central coast venue for racing. The course looks pretty legit too. Too bad I'll be in Whistler! Maybe next year..

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
This is pretty damned cool, we just received flyers at our shop. Glad to see another central coast venue for racing. The course looks pretty legit too. Too bad I'll be in Whistler! Maybe next year..
Haha yeah they want to do 2 races per year. So we will see. Hope turnout is good. How did the flyer look? It was my image but I did not do the graphics.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Haha yeah they want to do 2 races per year. So we will see. Hope turnout is good. How did the flyer look? It was my image but I did not do the graphics.
Looked pretty good. I have to say I was pretty stunned to get a flyer about a race in my area that I knew nothing about:rofl: I'll definitely come to a race up there when I have the chance.

The central coast really has 2 race venues prior to this; Parkfield and Chamberlain Ranch (Firestone). Parkfield is sweet, but its once a year and in the middle of BFE. And Chamberlain? Its decent for what it is, but there's less than 800' of vert to work with. There is definitely room for a new venue in the area, esp if they have their sh*t together.