Quantcast

2011 Boxxer set-up problem?

ustemuf

Monkey
Apr 8, 2010
Bay Area
im 160lbs with no gear... if i run anything less than 85psi i'm bottoming out so bad and the fork is way too soft in the rocks.. i read people here running 60-70psi.... are you guys just cruising down tame trails?!

problem is, i have like zero percent sag - confirmed by gopro yesterday.. what the f.... back to coil?

boylagz

Monkey
Jul 12, 2011
SF bay area
im 160lbs with no gear... if i run anything less than 85psi i'm bottoming out so bad and the fork is way too soft in the rocks.. i read people here running 60-70psi.... are you guys just cruising down tame trails?!

problem is, i have like zero percent sag - confirmed by gopro yesterday.. what the f.... back to coil?
Give me that WC and I'll give you my R2C2 once my bike arrives. LOL

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol

You're doing it wrong.
No seriously, if I could do these gaps you do, I could definitely live with Gwins settings on my fork.

At the other hand: Why did you cut out your drop stop?:D

Capricorn

Monkey
Jan 9, 2010
Cape Town, ZA
the 2011 WC has stiction like a mofo. I dont bother with the sag settings cos well, the damn thing refuses to sag, and more importantly, i dont give a toss about sag anymore. But I essentially follow the simple advice: too soft, more air, too hard, less air.
That one thing that genuinely sucks is the lack of sensitivity wrt compression adjustments. I bought a separate mission control assembly and modified the shimstack to give me better compression adjustment sensitivity. Havent yet installed because currently, I've found a sweet spot with the current fork that works on the tracks I currently ride.
Coming off a 888, it's been quite a 'ride' with RS.