Quantcast

2011 Canfield Jedi

ciscolangot

Chimp
Jul 27, 2010
Finally got the frame yesterday. Pre-ordered a couple months back and I am so stoked upon receiving the frame yesterday.

Got a medium Jedi, Raw with red links:

:D:D:D:D

ciscolangot

Chimp
Jul 27, 2010
Beautiful! Be sure to post up some pictures when you have it all built up. The Crank Brothers Opium wheelset would look stellar on that frame. :thumb:
will do. I have zocchi EVO Ti fork and planning to custom build a wheelset with syncros and hadley hubs.

aenim

Chimp
Apr 15, 2010
Poland
It's my next frame, for sure... just beautiful.
I am very curious how it rides with elka (or rc4) in the back. Any reviews appreciated!

ciscolangot

Chimp
Jul 27, 2010
You're aware of the Syncros DS32 ERD issue? If you use the ERD supplied by Syncros for spoke calculation order spokes 2mm shorter than the calculator says.
Thanks for the info. I am not aware of the DS32 issue. Is the DS32 the same as the grunge rim? thanks.

Killingtonvt

Monkey
Sep 19, 2005
Bellingham, WA
The RC4 leaves the bike feeling a bit dead. The Elka is lively yet smooth over chop. I ran one the past 2 seasons on my Jedi. I'm trying out an Avy this year... feels really deep and super smooth...

gollub01

Chimp
Sep 10, 2010
jh wyoming
Last year I was on RC4 on the 2010, this year, ELKA ! Feels great so far. Very deep travel feeling . Nice scheme. I love all the different Jedi combos floating around. The One's look good aswell

Lelandjt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2008
Breckenridge, CO/Lahaina,HI
Is the DS32 the same as the grunge rim? thanks.
I don't see the Grunge rim on their site and I've never heard of it. The DS32 is a great width/weight/strength rim and goes tubeless with just some yellow tape. You just have to order spokes 2-3mm shorter than a calculator will tell you or they will bottom out before you get any tension on the wheel. This would be avoided if you measured ERD yourself or Syncros supplied the right number.