Quantcast

2011 Demo release date pushed back again?

Hey guys,

Does anyone have any information on the why's and how's about the new Demo release date? Originally I was quoted end of November which works perfectly (family member is bringing a frame back for me) now it's been pushed back again! The bikes are already stacking up in Australia, albeit for twice the price, so why aren't there any in the US?

Not a happy bunny right now...

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
There was definitely a change. I was told a few weeks a few weeks ago, and now it's a couple more. No big deal here, it's cold as hell right now. Just pumped to be getting one eventually!

There was definitely a change. I was told a few weeks a few weeks ago, and now it's a couple more. No big deal here, it's cold as hell right now. Just pumped to be getting one eventually!
Hah - I can only wish I was in such a situation! Everyone is out riding now, and friends are raving on about how amazing the new Demo is, all the while I'm waiting for mine. I got dad to order one for me in the states while he's out there on business, and he's coming back this time next week. So it's left me in a tight spot.

There is no way in hell I'm shelling out $3800AUD for a Demo frame over here though, considering they're $2200 where he is...

Transcend, what colour are you getting? I'm hoping that maybe it's just the green being delayed.

crohnsy

Monkey
Oct 2, 2009
T Bay
In what world does it make sense where there's stacks of them in Aus, and they aren't even available in the US?

Just wasn't meant to be, methinks.
Aus is the first stop with the boat perhaps? At the very least its the closest stop.

big-ted

Danced with A, attacked by C, fired by D.
Sep 27, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Aus is the first stop with the boat perhaps? At the very least its the closest stop.
And the fact that it's peak season there, hence DH bikes are selling and manufacturers send stock there first. No one can shift DH bikes for love nor money up here in BC right now.

If you want your shiny bike now, you'd better pay your taxes like everyone else.

worship_mud

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2006
does this delay affect the complete bikes too?
mine should be due ca. end of november / beginnning of december, as i have been told ca. 3 weeks ago.

TomBigmac

Chimp
May 31, 2009
UK Date for the first frames etc is 23rd Dec I was told on Monday. I'm a little sceptical after the dates being constantly pushed back, though I'm assured they are now 'in transit' (i.e on a boat).

quickneonrt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2003
Staten Island NY
does this delay affect the complete bikes too?
mine should be due ca. end of november / beginnning of december, as i have been told ca. 3 weeks ago.
depends which complete, these are USA estimates for east coast and west coast warehouses. As per dealer website this morning

2011 Demo 8 I
Color: Black/Red
Anticipated availability: • East : Late December • West : Late January

2011 Demo 8 II
Color: White/Red
Anticipated availability: • East : Late December • West : Late November

2011 Demo 8 Frame
Color: Yellow/Black
Anticipated availability: • East : Late December • West : Late January

Color: Black
Anticipated availability: • East : Late January • West : Late January

Color: White/Red
Anticipated availability: • East : Late December • West : Early December

FOXROX

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
hambur,nj
wow wow wow, now yellow and black!?!?!? i thought it wasn't going into production?

edit: i'm assuming the green on is labeled as yellow?

roel_koel

Monkey
Mar 26, 2003
London,England
UK Date for the first frames etc is 23rd Dec I was told on Monday. I'm a little sceptical after the dates being constantly pushed back, though I'm assured they are now 'in transit' (i.e on a boat).

we placed an order today with SBC UK for a Demo 8 frame on behalf of a customer, and were told to expect the frame in late Jan / early Feb ;)

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Im guessing you're from OZ. Quite how the importers justify a 70% hike in price when the AUD is on parity with the USD is a mystery.
Yeah Aussie distributors are a joke.

Welshy - seeing you don't have a bike, you don't mind driving shuttles then hey?

TomBigmac

Chimp
May 31, 2009

we placed an order today with SBC UK for a Demo 8 frame on behalf of a customer, and were told to expect the frame in late Jan / early Feb ;)
Yes but there is a shipment prior to that.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Seem to be quite a few dhers in Montreal.

p-spec, is your bike built up yet? Going to be 5 degrees on monday - whoohoo!