Quantcast

2011 GES schedule

PArider29

Monkey
Jan 20, 2010
back to NC
DHD Quote from the other thread looking for the GES Schedule

GES Schedule should be out by the end of the Month same as last season, we still have some venue dates to sort out and finalize some sponsors, FYI very Similar Schedule, so travel will not be much different with only a couple of new locations, none of which is yet set in stone just yet. And I hope we do not see 4.00 a gallon..........arrgh
http://www.gravityeastseries.com

after following the GES since 2007, I sure hope there will be a GES series in 2011.

PArider29

Monkey
Jan 20, 2010
back to NC
It would be nice to know if there is a tentative schedule for 2011 GES.

I thought GES was a series by riders for riders, give the riders what they want...a schedule or at least hope that there will be one.

Last edited:

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
It would be nice to know if there is a tentative schedule for 2011 GES.

I thought GES was a series by riders for riders, give the riders what they want...a schedule or at least hope that there will be one.
Are you really this dumb? You just posted the response that it will be out by the end of the month and then you bitch that there is no info at all?

Have you ever set up a series, let alone an entire race schedule?

PArider29

Monkey
Jan 20, 2010
back to NC
That was from Last month .... it is now February.... I just figured that since people are asking and the promoter was on the site he would respond in some way.

But to answer your question yes I'm pretty dumb.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Are you really this dumb? You just posted the response that it will be out by the end of the month and then you bitch that there is no info at all?

Have you ever set up a series, let alone an entire race schedule?
living up to your title i see :busted:

or are you still upset that you're gonna miss all the fun this summer?

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
I think he missed last summer as well. He does have a road bike still I believe so that explains a lot. :rofl:
Send me one of those bikes to "review" and I will have more than a road bike this year. :D

Don't be jealous of me looking amazing in my lycra upholding Colorado's 3 foot rule.

I will miss the GES though. I might make it for a few this summer though, got nothing else to do but photo work.

Back on topic.

How about that schedule eh???

Edited!!!

Last edited:

PArider29

Monkey
Jan 20, 2010
back to NC
I hear they canceled the GES...

nah but im sure they will if you guys keep pestering about it!
Yes, that makes perfect sense ....riders inquire because they want to race a series and plan their summer. Remember guys don't show interest in the GES because if you bug the promoter he might get mad and cancel it ... dang you guys who want to pay to race your bikes always causing trouble.

yopaulie

Monkey
Jun 4, 2009
NH
Yes, that makes perfect sense ....riders inquire because they want to race a series and plan their summer. Remember guys don't show interest in the GES because if you bug the promoter he might get mad and cancel it ... dang you guys who want to pay to race your bikes always causing trouble.
The GES is a multiple state race series. So that makes it much tougher to schedule then other races/series. If you haven’t been part of setting up a series then you have no clue as to what is involved.....legal, financial, liability, and so on. Usually these are different at each and every mountain.

Patience my brother....;)

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
Guys, it's really not as easy as you all may think to put together a multi- mountain series. Believe me I am learning that. Give the promoter a bit of slack.

That said, The Eastern States Cup will be growing in 2011 and I think you'll like the venues. At least those of you in the Northeast.

Also, I know for a fact that Sicklines PAYS for a ton of products that they test. Unlike other website that review they are not swayed by free product. Sorry J but I had to say something.

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
Guys, it's really not as easy as you all may think to put together a multi- mountain series. Believe me I am learning that. Give the promoter a bit of slack.

That said, The Eastern States Cup will be growing in 2011 and I think you'll like the venues. At least those of you in the Northeast.

Also, I know for a fact that Sicklines PAYS for a ton of products that they test. Unlike other website that review they are not swayed by free product. Sorry J but I had to say something.
Damn, forgot my quotes around free as well. I know for an absolute fact that Sicklines is not swayed by any free product that they may receive, even though I know that they don't.

I need to get back out East to ride a few of the Eastern states series races.

brooklyndon

Chimp
Sep 9, 2008
The only thing slower then this schsdule is Dans riding!
just kidding Dan i love you hope all is going well call me if you want some FTW swag or bikes for this year.

Metal Dude

Turbo Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
Smackdonough, GA

I understand that this is all true and I like the job that the Gravity East promoters do AT THE RACE. But, it is only hurting their turnout if they release their schedule in spring! Many people have to plan their vacations in January!
If promoters are dedicated and it is so much to put together they should work a year in advance!

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
I understand that this is all true and I like the job that the Gravity East promoters do AT THE RACE. But, it is only hurting their turnout if they release their schedule in spring! Many people have to plan their vacations in January!
If promoters are dedicated and it is so much to put together they should work a year in advance!
haha you have NO understanding of the venues. Most (esp the ones that do not have a gravity program) care about skiing and making money. Gravity racing is just an event to fill the schedule. Dealing with multiple venues, catering to their schedules and trying to figure out what each individual mountain wants or needs is pretty complex to say the least. The Eastern States Cup schedule is almost all done but venues are still adjusting their schedules. I had one venue ask to change their date yesterday to the same dates as the Windham WC.

Plattekill, Mount Snow, Highland and Vertical Earth (and some others) are the exceptions to this and truely care about the sport. They are open for dh every weekend and host multiple races.

The GES promoter surely wants to get the schedule as quickly as I do for the ESC. I am sure we are both doing our best to do just that.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
Call me crazy, but wouldnt it (or couldnt it) save alot of time, if they ran the same races, and only had to swap venues for the ones that "ditch" I may be completely wrong on this, but it seems most of the races are held the same weekend in the month. (ex, USO is always memorial weekend) Couldnt they just take last years schedule, cross off the X mountains that bailed/got cut, and inserted the newcomers?

I am sure its a little harder than that, but i am under the impression most of the races dont change all that much from year to year.... ???

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
Call me crazy, but wouldnt it (or couldnt it) save alot of time, if they ran the same races, and only had to swap venues for the ones that "ditch" I may be completely wrong on this, but it seems most of the races are held the same weekend in the month. (ex, USO is always memorial weekend) Couldnt they just take last years schedule, cross off the X mountains that bailed/got cut, and inserted the newcomers?

I am sure its a little harder than that, but i am under the impression most of the races dont change all that much from year to year.... ???
Other events make MUCH more money for the venues tha DH racing. The venues will get those locked in first. Ever hear of Tough Mudder? The first day is already sold out for Mount Snow this summer. How about Warrior Dash at Windham last summer? Sold out both days. Figure 7,000 - 10,000 entries ( yes that is correct) times $100-$180 per entry vs. 100-200 Dh riders times 65 bucks. That is just one example. Realize we are lucky to have our events.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Other events make MUCH more money for the venues tha DH racing. The venues will get those locked in first. Ever hear of Tough Mudder? The first day is already sold out for Mount Snow this summer. How about Warrior Dash at Windham last summer? Sold out both days. Figure 7,000 - 10,000 entries ( yes that is correct) times $100-$180 per entry vs. 100-200 Dh riders times 65 bucks. That is just one example. Realize we are lucky to have our events.
For your post prior to this, I give you the P.C. post of the fricking year!:thumb:

It's about damn time. Go back to pinkbike!
Rufus, do you not understand that your tone in every single post is more Pinkbike....than Pinkbike?:rolleyes:

Tedman

Monkey
Oct 27, 2009
Lebanon, PA
haha you have NO understanding of the venues. Most (esp the ones that do not have a gravity program) care about skiing and making money. Gravity racing is just an event to fill the schedule. Dealing with multiple venues, catering to their schedules and trying to figure out what each individual mountain wants or needs is pretty complex to say the least.
Defintely a lot involved with scheduling around other events. Just look what happened last season at Sugarbush. They held the lift line so the wedding guests could go up and then we had to wait on waiters with pre-filled champagne glasses to summit for the wedding reception.
We must have stood in line with no movement for an hour. I certainly don't want to deal with that again. What a joke!!!!
I certainly want them to take time planning to avoid another catastophe like that!!