Quantcast

2011 Icycle is BACK!!!!

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Yeah, I'm glad its back but I may not be able to get it back on my schedule. :( But I am sure going to try.
Yeah, and since it was cancelled, I pulled the brakes on buying that Magicshine light the same week. But I'm sure there are lots who will still have a blast, even if I might not be one of them.

Remember...beware the hot spice wine. :thumb:

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
yeah..i scheduled myself to help out w/ the kids gymnastics meet that day. the wife gave me the "you can go if you want to....." speech but, i can't afford clemson AND the icycle right now so it looks like i'm missing another year of one of the best SE races.

for those of you who haven't been.....GO! it's the funnest race by far and is just one big party.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
pretty awesome they announce it 2.5 weeks before the event. I was planning on getting a cabin and going but now I cant. oh well...there is always next year....maybe.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
pretty awesome they announce it 2.5 weeks before the event. I was planning on getting a cabin and going but now I cant. oh well...there is always next year....maybe.
Biggins, no way you could attend! You got your hands full brother!;)

And since you won't toot your own horn, I will. Everybody give it up for Asheville's newest brewery owner....WIGGINS!

http://www.wlos.com/shared/newsroom/top_stories/videos/wlos_vid_3740.shtml

Be sure to wait for his comment at the end!:thumb:

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC

herndon

Chimp
Feb 21, 2005
Just wanted to give everyone the heads up that Kevin over at suspension experts has stepped up to sponsor the Night DH at the Icycle. He and his employees will be on hand to help get all of you racers up the hill and more importantly help with any of those suspension tuning questions you might have. What an opportunity to get to pick the brain of the most knowledgable suspension tuners in the area. Suspension experts is a local business to Asheville and I highly recommend them for any of your suspension needs. You can find them at www.mtbsuspensionexperts.com. We look forward to seeing you all at the race.

miragebass

Chimp
Oct 9, 2008
Just got my boxxer back from them and they did great work for the price and turnaround was crazy fast! Cool that they're sponsoring the race. Wish I could be there for this one.

herndon

Chimp
Feb 21, 2005
Never said he wouldn't be riding, just that he was the man for stepping up with the shuttle and being there to answer questions. Suspension tuning is one of the most misunderstood and important things for your bike to ride right. He is the man with the answers.

Wes D

Chimp
Jan 3, 2005
The trails are in sick shape. Nice and all cleaned up for you guys and gals. Downhill and XC is ready to rip.