Quantcast

2011 Plattekill Bike Park's Work and Ride Weekend

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
PICS!?! Preferably including the Plattekooks I miss so very much. And Sammich. lolerz
not too many pics of riding, just some of the mountain and the awesome volunteers!

typical dreary Saturday morning:

and of course clearing up by mid-day

the sun did come out! rednecks were abundant

daisycutter

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2006
New York City
It was great to be back on the mountian. My bike setup was perfect, the weather was great and I loved every drop and beating Platty could dish out. I am a sore but happy monkey.

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
Thank You Everyone.

Volunteers did an amazing job on Saturday. Both sides of the mountain were cleared, raked and cut. This group wasn't fooling around. Riders were thanked for their efforts with a perfect weather weekend, perfectly groomed trails, a Fox Racing Shocks Gravity Open Pro Grt course preview, two lunches, a full day of riding and a pass for use later on.​

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
Hmm-mmm. More yummy pics. Parking lot looks more full than an average non-race weekend used to be. Cool if that's no longer the case.

"There's no place like home, there's no place like home..."

BUNKERCHUNKS

Monkey
Apr 8, 2008
EAST COAST
Just an amazing weekend! one of the best I can remember. Here are some crappy cell phone pics from this past weekend. It's all I have, thought I would share them.

Bridge going over ski trail drainage,installed on the new fresh cut trail we cut last month.
New trail leads to one of the Legend "Steve Porraro" race course drops. It also goes to more fresh cut, but needs one short connection to link it all up (it will be completed ASAP)

Dogs having just as much fun

Top fire over the outdoor potbelly stove

And it was like Christmas night for Huck Bonsai at the delta house. Nice friggin ride

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory
Thanks for letting us work on your incredibly expensive bike after so many drinks. Good luck changing that front rotor out. I think there are 4 different types of screws holding it on.
yep! 4, I had to check torque on a few things, but overall solid!!

Im keeping the crazy front rotor bolt setup, it's REAL!!!!!

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
VENT ON.
GROWL! I wish I were there NOW. Not tomorrow, not in a week, not a month or another *&%$#@$#%&?!!one!!! year. N-O-W as in immediately. Setting up camp, hiking the mountain, listening to the frogs that had disappeared two years before I left but apparently returned based on the Vital coverage from the big race, taking a moment for Porraro, calling my peeps in case they want to come up for nonstop top-to-bottom runs with me. First lift up tomorrow is where I'll be wishing I were in the morning.

Dammit. Can someone please take some runs up there for me this weekend?

VENT OFF.

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
VENT ON.
GROWL! I wish I were there NOW. Not tomorrow, not in a week, not a month or another *&%$#@$#%&?!!one!!! year. N-O-W as in immediately. Setting up camp, hiking the mountain, listening to the frogs that had disappeared two years before I left but apparently returned based on the Vital coverage from the big race, taking a moment for Porraro, calling my peeps in case they want to come up for nonstop top-to-bottom runs with me. First lift up tomorrow is where I'll be wishing I were in the morning.

Dammit. Can someone please take some runs up there for me this weekend?

VENT OFF.
I'll be there 10 am sharp, riding solo as the kid is at that mountain in NJ for a race. I will do as you say yet once again !!

We ALL miss you, come home.......

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory
I'll be there 10 am sharp, riding solo as the kid is at that mountain in NJ for a race. I will do as you say yet once again !!

agreed.

And BigUlmer always does enough runs for about 80 people, so he's got you covered.

Ill be at the flat rocky place gettin Marzocchi to tweak my 888, and avoiding jumps ISO open rocky trails (epitaph needs a beatin, BMW too...DOH!!)

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
Very much appreciated guys. I feel a little better...for the moment.

Subtle other mtn and other company references added some funny in this otherwise desperate situation.

XO!
t

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland

Wait. Since when have you done what I said?! :think:

But I sure appreciate the idea of solo non-race w/e runs. I will be thinking of you tearing through those trails all weekend. I wouldn't be able to keep up with you if I were there but we'd have some fun hollering for each other from the lift. (Oh dear, that nearly sounds romantic.)

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
Anyone have a room for rent within an hour drive? Four weeks, late June, July or early August, high speed secure internet, kitchen access, secure indoor bike storage, relatively peaceful environment (no haters, bashers, mashers, feuding spouses, drunken bafoonery.)

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
Yowza, there are some old timers lurking out there. Fear not, your identities will remain unidentifiable. ;) But mega-super-duper thanks for your generous offers of killer deals on temporary housing. This is starting to look promising.

sikocycles

Turbo Monkey
Feb 14, 2002
CT
Yowza, there are some old timers lurking out there. Fear not, your identities will remain unidentifiable. ;) But mega-super-duper thanks for your generous offers of killer deals on temporary housing. This is starting to look promising.
Who you calling old timer?

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
You're welcome anytime, I am and yes :rimshot:
Are you able to confirm Pkill will be open Monday July 4th? How about the following weekend when everyone and their mother will be at the Windham shredfest? And if the mtn is open 9th/10th are you going to the shredfest or riding the 'Kill? Or both?

Thanks in advance info man.
t

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
Sorry T just saw this. I just emailed Lazlo my thoughts and I should have an answer soon. I'll ride Platty except WC Sunday.
No worries on delayed reply. I'm still not 100% on the trip, currently in the high 61 percentile but I appreciate you doing the footwork with Laz for me. If he seems hesitant to open on the 4th, maybe see how much cabbage might help to encourage him otherwise.

And cool to know you'll be there on Saturday the 9th. Certainly understand wanting to catch the main event on Sunday...with the WC being in your backfreakin'yard and all! (.....ughwhydidwemove..)