Quantcast

2011 summer Monkeyfest

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Next time I ride Burnham Down after the brewfest please remind me to do it in the daylight so I can see where the hell I'm going :D

splat

Nam I am
Now for the riding portion of the pictures

the friday after noon ride

Now its Time for the friday Night ride

he tried to give woody a flat on the night ride

Now for the Saturday Morning ride

WHat is IAB doing ?

Now its time for the Saturday Afternoon ride ( while Most people were at Beer fest )

The Sunday Bad beer at Heavens Bench ride.

At Heavens Bench drinking Bad beer.

and then I went home

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Looks like fun - more monkey names need to be labeled, though. There are a few strangers in there :monkeydance:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
every year monkeyfest rekindles my passion for mountain biking. Makes me want to ditch the flat billed matching pajama scene of DH and just go ride a bike in the woods...love it!

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
I'd like to see some of the GoPro videos again that were taken during Monkeyfest... especially the one where Crombyzombie crashed head first on Knightslayer :eek:

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
Mostly XC but now there's some DH going on at Burke Mountain. Beer, bourbon, rum...whatever your poison is. Late July to early August for summer monkeyfest and usually Columbus Day weekend for fall monkeyfest.

splat

Nam I am
Now they do this!!! why couldn't it have been a week earlier

Kingdom Trails Kitchel just got some major work done on it just in time for the weekend... all brake bumps, ruts, blowouts are now fixed. Also we've got the new J-Bar re-route cut and ready to be constructed! We're staying busy so you all can pedal your socks off!!!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Now they do this!!! why couldn't it have been a week earlier
I saw that note too. Oh well....Jester was better anyway!

mostly all XC AM type riding eh? sounds like you guys are all beer drinkers so I may have to drive with a bike and booze. I might as well start planing now. does it always happen around sturgis?, this time of year?
You'd have a blast and we'd love it if you made the trip out!!!

PBR for teh win!
Hell yeah! I rocked the can in my bottle holder for the rest of the ride too. :cheers:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
How many of you can commit to Columbus Day Weekend? (October 7-9th) I can try to get the lodge for those 3 nights, leaving the morning of the 10th, but if there aren't enough people I won't book and there is another group asking!

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I'd rather not do that weekend as it coincides with the ESC finals @ plattekill, but I'll probably end up going if no other weekend is selected.

mudgirl

Molester of monkeys
Jun 8, 2007
Tied up in the basement
I'm not planning to come up in the fall, sorry! A few friends and I are planning to head to Elicottville, NY for their Brewfest, which is Columbus Day weekend, and getting some riding in there. I've never ridden the trails out there, and I hear they are pretty amazing!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
I'm not planning to come up in the fall, sorry! A few friends and I are planning to head to Elicottville, NY for their Brewfest, which is Columbus Day weekend, and getting some riding in there. I've never ridden the trails out there, and I hear they are pretty amazing!
Trails were really good when we were there and be ready to climb and then enjoy the beers. EBC brews good stuff!

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
How many of you can commit to Columbus Day Weekend? (October 7-9th) I can try to get the lodge for those 3 nights, leaving the morning of the 10th, but if there aren't enough people I won't book and there is another group asking!
Cromby1 and I are planning on coming to the Fall Monkeyfest as of right now. It doesnt matter to me if it is Columbus Day weekend or not but I know his schedule is a little more limited for teaching.