Quantcast

2011 TranceX build!

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
Heres my 2011 TranceX, this is a true full on trail bike. Its not fully done yet, Ill keep this thread updated as more parts come in. But for now I'd like to share it with you interneter's.

Controls:
Bars: Answer Pro Taper 720 AM Carbon bars
Stem: Answer 50mm DJ
Brakes: Hayes Stroker Grams
Shifters: Stock for now.

Wheels: Sun Ringle Charger Pro's
Tires: Maxxis High Rollers with Stans kit

Saddle: SDG Americana USA TI railed

TI Bolts:

Heres a full shot:
Frame: TranceX2
Fork: Fox, will be replacing with a new Manitou Minute...
Cranks: SLX with RaceFace bash ring.
Pedals: Shimano SPD's

Ride impressions...
I have been riding the 2008 TranceX with my own custom build and Ive put it thru some HARD paces. It was an amazing bike and did everything I wanted it to do. Now the 2011 has a few mods to it, a bit lighter and some geo tweaks. First thing I noticed out on the trail was that it had really nice feel to the ride, felt comfortable right away which is huge! Bike cornered amazing, better then I thought it would right off the bat, the new geo really helped. This bike has a really nice pop to it when jumping, feels very balanced and supper comfortable in the air. The slacker HA makes it descend that much better/nicer then the older model. Climbing was a bit awkward at first, felt like I was to far over the rear tire? and that the front end was real light. Did some seat adjustments and took care of that. As for the stock Giant wheels that come on the bike... They might be "ok" for a beginner rider but for an advanced rider these things had to go. 3 pinch flats in 1 ride which is unheard of, either the rim is to hard, or the shape of the inside rim is to narrow, what ever the case they cause a lot of flats. The rear hub has pretty poor engagement and the rim depth is really deep so you need 48mm valve stem tubes in your pack. OVERALL this bike is amazing and cant wait to get it fully dialed and set up for my liking.

Feel free to comment or ask any questions you may have!

Dennis Yuroshek

Last edited:

stumpjump

Monkey
Sep 14, 2007
DC
Nice rig man. I've got to say its a great looking build. Curious if youve ever ridden a stumpjumper FSR and had some comparison between the two. Ive been wanting to take a look at the trance but Ive never been able to make it to a demo day to actually compare them.

Love the wheelset though.

Mulestar

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2007
in the dirt
Sick. I'd want a dual ring chain guide and a nicer wheelset but other than that its pretty perfect. Trail bikes are the best bikes.

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
Nice rig man. I've got to say its a great looking build. Curious if youve ever ridden a stumpjumper FSR and had some comparison between the two. Ive been wanting to take a look at the trance but Ive never been able to make it to a demo day to actually compare them.

Love the wheelset though.
Thanks! No I've never ridden a stumpjumper, sorry I dont know anyone with one so couldnt help you out there sorry bud! You should def try and make it out to a Ride Giant demo when it comes your way, you will be pleased!

Sick. I'd want a dual ring chain guide and a nicer wheelset but other than that its pretty perfect. Trail bikes are the best bikes.
I have dual chain on there... but no guide. No one makes a chainguide for the new BB30 yet so I have the RF bash ring and the front derailleur tweaked so I only have 1 and 2 up front.

whats wrong with the wheels I have on it? they are pretty close to I9's and really light too, about 1699 grams and tubeless ready.

i wish i had four hands, so i could give your saddle fours thumbs up.
'MERICA!