Quantcast

2012 Demo With Double Barrell - Thoughts?

shagwell

Monkey
Jun 15, 2004
Just wondering if anyone's had any time on the new demos that come with the cane creek? Just wondering how well it works with the spesh suspension and any comparisons with the same bike using a vivid? Ive heard the double barrel works best with the more linear suspension designs so just wondering how well matched it is with the demo and if its worth saving the extra cash for a 2012 frame or going for a cheap deal on a 2011..

Any e-speculation welcome but real world experiences would be helpful!

PS. I've searched for any info on this before posting any couldn't find anything but apologies if this has come up before and I've missed it!

captainspauldin

intrigued by a pole
May 14, 2007
Jersey Shore
There is a post somewhere on here, I forget what it's called. But from what I recall the setup guide from cane creek is spot on so it's not hard to set up for the demo(no trail and error, like most other frames). As far as riding I have no idea.

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
I had a 2011 Demo with a new Double Barrel setup the same way the 2012 ones come stock. As far as I know the frames are identical. Its an absolutely amazing ride. If you can get a 2011 frame for less, then just call Cane Creek and buy a double barrel.

Nagaredama

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
Manhattan Beach, CA USA
I have a 2011 Demo and CCDB. The Spec/CC set-up guide is dead on. While in Whistler I made a few minor changes based on the set-up guide and the bike set-up responded just how I expected it too.

NAYR

Monkey
Jul 13, 2009
Truckee
I have a 2012 Demo with the DB and it feels amazing with the settings that Cane Creek provided. The only thing that sucks is the spring rubs on the plastic cover over the shock body making an annoying squeal.