Quantcast

2012 prototypes: keep 'em coming!

baca262

Monkey
Aug 16, 2011
one of those up front and an elixir in the rear would look really nice. i am interested to see how many issues will they have

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
That was added last year to make the WC different in some way other than $500 for simple air spring. And to keep up with the Jones's.
Yeah, I know. That's so cool of them not to raise the price when I'm pretty sure keronite cuts like 2s on a track thanks to the fact you don't have to stress about scratching your fork anymore.

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
Yeah, I know. That's so cool of them not to raise the price when I'm pretty sure keronite cuts like 2s on a track thanks to the fact you don't have to stress about scratching your fork anymore.
I can't tell if that's sarcasm or something lost in translation, but it doesn't make any sense.

Forgive me if I don't get excited by the stanchion coating du jour, suspension manufacturers have been trying to out color each other for 10 years.

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
Makes perfect sense: Marketing.

Keronite's on the lowers. Not the stanchions.
Wow, I completely missed that. Just assumed it was yet another fancy stanchion coating and quit reading the press release. Never figured anyone really cared that much about paint.

Now Norbar's comments make sense.

On the topic of prototypes and suspension, anyone hear any rumors coming out of Fox regarding rear suspension other than kashima?

Last edited:

wood booger

Monkey
Jul 16, 2008
the land of cheap beer
I agree, Avid is great if you want to/can replace them every 4-6 months, otherwise steer clear!!!

I got tired of waiting for brakes from the East Coast all the time, even if it meant a "new" set.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Wow, I completely missed that. Just assumed it was yet another fancy stanchion coating and quit reading the press release. Never figured anyone really cared that much about paint.

Now Norbar's comments make sense.

On the topic of prototypes and suspension, anyone hear any rumors coming out of Fox regarding rear suspension other than kashima?
I was really surprised you could think I (or anyone outside of a mental asylum) was serious about stronger fork paint giving you better times ;)

baca262

Monkey
Aug 16, 2011
its Avid. i predict many.
but their CS is great!! :rolleyes:
i live in croatia. no customer care here, we even lost the only authorized service center for rock shox last year so i could care less about it. i mean you can get **** warrantied but it will take months, i prefer to ride my bike.

the good thing is, i can now repair a broken frame with a bit of duct tape. well, almost. :think: