Quantcast

2012 Shimano XT.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
just saw this, pretty rad.

I'm pretty excited to see if they managed to make the "on off friction stabilizer stupidity" thing on the xtr der work. If they did, it would actually be pretty cool.

Also, first time I've seen a price reduction on components.... well, really any bicycle product, in quite some time. Pretty rad. Makes me glad to have shimano on both my bikes.

p-spec

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2004
quebec
I dig the black,

theres a 2011 xtr equiped epiC at a lbs here,the brakes feel insane.

Seriously,I havn't felt something so perfect.

tuumbaq

Monkey
Jul 5, 2006
Squamish BC
IceTech rotors in 6 bolts patern + blk as an optional color + stupid good new brakes+ selectable pivot for less chain slap + sick pedals = SHIMANO FOR THE WIN ...Wow !

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I've been meaning to replace my brakes on my trail bike for some time now. I was thinking of the new XTR, but this is more up my alley. I've also been thinking of replacing my cranks, and these 2x seem like a perfect match... only thing is, they don't look like they'll take a bashguard. anyone know if they will? Even the 3x cranks don't look like they'll accept a standard aftermarket bashguard....

Dogboy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2004
Durham, NC
... only thing is, they don't look like they'll take a bashguard. anyone know if they will? Even the 3x cranks don't look like they'll accept a standard aftermarket bashguard....
The 3x and 26/38 2x cranks use a 64/104 bolt pattern and will take a bash.

marshalolson

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2006
why are the xt pedals $20 cheaper than m985? that seems silly though.

but those brakes are MSRP $159 per wheel, no rotor? sick!

frango

Turbo Monkey
Jun 13, 2007
I wonder how will ppl use the "performance/silent knob"?...
"Oh... a rock garden... Guys! Wait! I just have to switch the knob on my RD" :D