Quantcast

2012 Taipei Int'l Cycle Show

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
holy crap marzocchi made graphics that aren't an abomination for the first time since 2007!

are the forks any different?

and I bet its a super top secret stantion coating that will not be QUITE as good as their tried and true black.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
that's because these basically are the same graphics as in 2007. i'm still not sure if marzocchi is up to par with the other manufacturers in the reliabilty department.
When I looked at a new fork, I skipped marzo because of the nightmare I had with my 2008 66rc3. And the nightmare my roommate had with first his 2009 55tst ata, and then subsequently the rc3 they eventually replaced it with. And the nightmare my other roommate had with his 2010 66rcv. Basically, 3/3 went south real quick.

In short, I like to hate on marzo.

But I'm not real convinced they still suck and are unreliable. From what I've felt of friends, they feel pretty good, and they say they need to rebuild them about once a year, which is about how frequently I need to rebuild my boxxer. I think the newest gen is pretty legit. They figured out how to have their mfg make bushings that were the correct size, they came out with a pretty bomb damper, they use good seals, and the construction is pretty bang on. hard to ask for much more then what they have going on.

tabletop84

Monkey
Nov 12, 2011
that's because these basically are the same graphics as in 2007. i'm still not sure if marzocchi is up to par with the other manufacturers in the reliabilty department.
Under which rock did you live in the last year?

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Hey at least they minimized the bad M arch. I still can't understand why, now that it doesn't look like an M, they keep any semblance of it...

Mudstud

Chimp
Nov 7, 2009
Winterthur, Switzerland
@ sethimus

Next time you nick one of my fotos, pls put a link to where you found them.
I do understand there is no respect for copyrights in the web, and I do not ask you to remove the fotos of 2013's Zocchis, but please show some respect for people who actually have been in Taipei and made the fotos.
Thanks.

Regarding the reliability and quality issues: AFAIK Marzocchi has finally solved these with their 2011 line-up.
Sadly, Tenneco has still not found a new owner for Marzocchi's bicycle division, and as quite some invoices have not been paid in time, SR Suntour has announced to stop producing for Zocchi by the end of April. So that is not so good news.

Oh yeah, this is my take on the 25th Taipei Cycle Show:
http://www.frontlinemag.net/2012/03/25th-taipei-cycle-show-trends-und-news-aus-fernost/
(texts in German, but looking at the fotos should work for all of you)

tabletop84

Monkey
Nov 12, 2011
Mz Statement

Marzocchi Mountain Bike
Media Statement
March 2012

TAIPEI, Taiwan, March 7, 2012 - Tenneco-Marzocchi today confirmed that it expects to make an announcement soon regarding its mountain bike business and production plans for the 2013 model year.

This follows a strategic decision by long-term supplier Suntour to end production for Marzocchi, effective May of this year.

Marzocchi has some very exciting product offerings for the 2013 model year, which feature innovative Marzocchi technology that responds to evolving customer needs and market trends. These new products are being shown to customers at the Taipei International Bicycle Show currently underway.

“Marzocchi and Suntour have shared a long-standing and successful partnership in the mountain bike business,” said Pablo Perez -Perseo, General Manager Marzocchi. “Regardless of this change, our customers are our top priority and we remain focused on providing them with the same level of quality and service that they expect and deserve.”

frango

Turbo Monkey
Jun 13, 2007
Move to Spinner, to be assembled on the same line as BOS?

:sarcastic: just trollin'

ilfreerider

Monkey
Oct 3, 2003
israel
its amazing how much down did marz fall when info like that almost didn't come to anyone's attention.
imagine if Fox or RS will issue a statement like that ???

sethimus

neu bizutch
Feb 5, 2006
not in Whistler anymore :/
@ sethimus

Next time you nick one of my fotos, pls put a link to where you found them.
I do understand there is no respect for copyrights in the web, and I do not ask you to remove the fotos of 2013's Zocchis, but please show some respect for people who actually have been in Taipei and made the fotos.
Thanks.

Regarding the reliability and quality issues: AFAIK Marzocchi has finally solved these with their 2011 line-up.
Sadly, Tenneco has still not found a new owner for Marzocchi's bicycle division, and as quite some invoices have not been paid in time, SR Suntour has announced to stop producing for Zocchi by the end of April. So that is not so good news.

Oh yeah, this is my take on the 25th Taipei Cycle Show:
http://www.frontlinemag.net/2012/03/25th-taipei-cycle-show-trends-und-news-aus-fernost/
(texts in German, but looking at the fotos should work for all of you)
bedank dich bei den kollegen vom gelben forum...

ps: sieht man doch eigentlich an der url!?

Last edited: