Quantcast

(((:2020-04-24:)))

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Good morning, my lovely pandemic friends! Ran five miles this morning...cold, wet, and windy, but a decent run as these things go. Today is FOOD DELIVERY DAY!!! Wife adds a ton of extra stuff to do the order since Shop Rite tends to have about a 30% "not in stock" rate on these delivery orders, so she tries to account for that.

Time to do some work, I guess. I've got enough busywork to help make this day go by fast.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Sneaked out for a ride yesterday afternoon, and 98% of the ride was free and clear, with 2% still a quagmire. This seems like a reasonable percentage to not feel bad for riding wet trails.

Pin swap on the Chesters was a success. Moving from 10 to 12mm pins has granted an acceptable amount of grip to prevent my feet from being bounced off pedaling through the chunk.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Already two poops deep into this day and just poured the first coffee.

Day off today so I am going riding. Weatherman said the sun would be out, but I ain't seeing it anywhere....

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Poop three.

Has anyone had any funky shipping experiences lately? I have a package pending with both Canada Post and FedEx, where both have an expected delivery date, but no shipment updates other than "your package has arrived at the shipping origin". The one package had an expected delivery of wednesday and is only going across the city.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Eating eggs poached in some flaming hot green chile. 10/10 will bang again.
oatmeal with PB and a handful of raspberries and blackberries.

Poop three.

Has anyone had any funky shipping experiences lately? I have a package pending with both Canada Post and FedEx, where both have an expected delivery date, but no shipment updates other than "your package has arrived at the shipping origin". The one package had an expected delivery of wednesday and is only going across the city.
Yes. Just about every package I've shipped or that's been shipped to me has done some tracking acrobatics these past few weeks. Tis teh covids, all up in yo' scanners.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
oatmeal with PB and a handful of raspberries and blackberries.

Yes. Just about every package I've shipped or that's been shipped to me has done some tracking acrobatics these past few weeks. Tis teh covids, all up in yo' scanners.
Amazon stuff still being thrown at my front door...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Talked to a good friend from Virginia last night. His mother has been suffering from dementia since the beginning of the year. Their in house nurse help stopped from the Covid. Buddies dad seems to have cracked from the stress of taking care of his wife and is showing strong symptoms of dementia. They are both rolling along struggling to survive with no idea there is a pandemic. Everytime one of the kids shows up to help they disappear. My buddy gets the occasional call from his father on how to use the GPS to find their way home.

:(

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
coffee. dabs. internet rounds. then tele-therapy & after that uploading stock footage to sell, designing a fanny pack, more dabs & then a heroic dose of cannabutter.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
Talked to a good friend from Virginia last night. His mother has been suffering from dementia since the beginning of the year. Their in house nurse help stopped from the Covid. Buddies dad seems to have cracked from the stress of taking care of his wife and is showing strong symptoms of dementia. They are both rolling along struggling to survive with no idea there is a pandemic. Everytime one of the kids shows up to help they disappear. My buddy gets the occasional call from his father on how to use the GPS to find their way home.

Awful.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. I had to charge the Bolt yesterday for the first time in a month. For 45 miles...

Got a bunch of meetings today planning around a solar install and painting the house. Wifey wants to use a chunk of the M funds to install built-in's in the family room, to which I might capitulate. First step to the AMG in 3 years. *come on oil trade!* Her company is giving us the 80" TV (that's how big she's recalling it as; it's fucking monstrous) from their sales center, so that's going to be put in as well.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Yesterday was day 1 of having the heating turned off.

I reset the clock this morning and turned it back on as it's only 63 in here...

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. Elder kid is in a 25 person Zoom class meeting. 1st graders are antsy little creatures.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord

yeah, my mom has been slipping that direction for a few years and is apparently having a hard time dealing with the change in routine and really grasping what's going on in a serious way. I feel bad for my dad.

in other news, it's BLUNCHTYME!

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
@StiHacka and the rest keeping the coal fired energy plants going with their spike in homemade pizza consumption

1587744881248.png

#TeamKalamataForLife -- get that canned olive shit out of here