Quantcast

~~~ 2022-06-19 ~~~

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Costco Gas then Deer Creek, soon. But a few more minutes ensconced in the warm bed first.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning Monkeys!
Happy Father's Day to all of you Dad's, Step-Dads, and father figures out there.

Cooking up some bacon to go with SqEarls eggs and toast for bfast. Then off to my sisters for ribs and some fun in the sun (hopefully it's warmer today than yesterday and there is actual sun).

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
:secret:
yuck. slept great, in the process of recovery. Have congestion and symptoms of a head cold. Energy is about 50%, which fades over time. I broke a sweat looking for a watch battery yesterday. I'll take all of this provided I don't have the dry cough and shortness of breath that my wife and other people have. I just wish I could rest effectively, but with a couple of kids who don't know how to slow down, it's tough.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
18th annual father's day gathering with my buddies. Rode bikes, drank, ate, hit the shed hard.
image_from_ios.jpg

Ride yesterday was a winch and plummet type of ride.
Screenshot_20220619-095905.png

Back muscles still aren't fully functional for 20 minute descents. Feeling a bit achy (and cloudy) this morning.

Last edited:

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California
Happy Father's Day to the Dads out there.

Wife and kids got me a hammock for Dads' Day, so I'm going to lay around and drink beer most of the day. You know, like a good father figure.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
I know I am literally the deepest core of their target audience, but I really, really don't care for Bob's Burgers. My wife and daughter are devotees so I try and enjoy the occasional funny bits, but it feels like it's just phoned in.

Road ride was great. Short, brisk, nice cuppa at the cafe. I *really* need a bike fitting, though. It's like $20 to get one at a local shop. Hopefully tomorrow, since now I get Juneteenth off but it's a normal work day for locals.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
I know I am literally the deepest core of their target audience, but I really, really don't care for Bob's Burgers. My wife and daughter are devotees so I try and enjoy the occasional funny bits, but it feels like it's just phoned in.
They really hooked me with the first episodes through most of season one. I’ve been less impressed with subsequent seasons and can understand your take on it. They are 12 seasons in, so I’m sure it’s tough to keep the writing fresh for anything that runs that long. Overall, I’m still generally amused and entertained.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
@stoney has one, but to the best if my knowledge it has not yet been ridden

:busted:
@I Are Baboon has an SB100, iirc.

And yes I have and SB130. No I haven't ridden it yet. Yes I have ridden one in the past. Very nice pedaling efficiency and platform. Where the 575 forces you to use spring weight to have platform, otherwise you get a little bit of bobbing, the SB pedals relatively "flat", while being active. Desending, the SB feels more aggressive. While the 575 is more of an aggressive XC bike, the SB is more a wound down enduro - same middle-point, if you will, but different characteristics for getting there.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning. Happy Father's Day to our monkey dads and fur-dads, and a Happy Juneteenth to everyone.

I ran 90 minutes on the high school track this morning, which covered 12.66 miles at a 7:07 pace. I'm surprised I was able to run that fast after hitting the tri bike hard yesterday. Wife and I just back from a Costco reload and I'm about to take a nap. Dinner with her dad and stepmom tonight at a fancypants restaurant. They like fancy dining. Wife and I just like to go and get food.

@I Are Baboon has an SB100, iirc.
I have the SB115 and I love it.

@TreeSaw Earl is welcome to take mine for a test drive at Monkeyfest next month if you don't go out and buy something first. I'm a large and have the T2.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Got up early and worked a bit. Let the girlfriend sleep in, but wasn't anticipating her waking up at 11:30. Otherwise I would have left way earlier to go for a proper ride.

Gonna meander out of here for a short local loop. This week is going to be a shit show at work and then there's a wedding to attend on Saturday; need to get a ride in while I can.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I'm just a huge H. Jon Benjamin fan. The fact his voice is perfect for both Bob and Archer is pretty epic. I find him hilarious.

The whole cast is hilarious, actually.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Was out riding in Malibu and LA County fire buzzed me low enough in one of their Firehawks that I could see the hoist operator’s mustache. Bad ass way to end a ride.

Not sure what else I’ll do today beside sushi, debating calling my dad, probably should.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Bike ride just kicked my ass. Not that I rode far or really hit the hills, Its just that Its taken almost 8 months to recover from an injured Achilles Tendon. I'm pain free so now its time to rebuild my fitness level. This was the hardest ride so far, First few hills ridden and going over 30 miles in windy conditions. It feels good to just be wiped out, tired but not hurting is so nice

Screenshot_20220619-124045_Fitbit.jpg
Screenshot_20220619-124127_Fitbit.jpg
Screenshot_20220619-124228_Fitbit.jpg