Quantcast

~~~ 2022-06-19 ~~~

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
My lawn mower broke. The wheel height adjuster failed mid mow. So, part of the lawn has a landing strip. No apparently available parts for repair, so $400 mower now worthless. Still gonna put it on Craigslist, because surely someone needs the parts for theirs. New electric mower inbound.

Wifey's grill has also stopped cooking properly and is badly rusted on the cooking surfaces, so that has now been put onto my "go spend money" list. I really don't want to buy this shit. Dammit! At least you can still borrow money for free from most retailers...

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
My lawn mower broke. The wheel height adjuster failed mid mow. So, part of the lawn has a landing strip. No apparently available parts for repair, so $400 mower now worthless. Still gonna put it on Craigslist, because surely someone needs the parts for theirs. New electric mower inbound.

Wifey's grill has also stopped cooking properly and is badly rusted on the cooking surfaces, so that has now been put onto my "go spend money" list. I really don't want to buy this shit. Dammit! At least you can still borrow money for free from most retailers...
What kind of mower did you have?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
and you couldn't figure out a wheel?
The mower height adjuster is adjusted on one side. The mechanism to lock it has failed. From what I can tell, to repair it, I need to replace the entire front axle, wheel, height adjustment mechanism. I cannot find said part anywhere.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
I live right at the end of Sycamore canyon on the Newbury park side, so down through the canyon toward Thornhill, back up and out via overlook, Guadalasca, and then up the fire roads with a little single track back inland for the climb out.
effing nice loop. We used to go into the old quarry for some rock climbing and inhalation therapy. My sister just moved from 101 and Valley Circle to Laguna Beach so now I will have some new places to explore. But Pt Mugu State Park/ Sycamore Canyon will always be one of my favorites

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
The mower height adjuster is adjusted on one side. The mechanism to lock it has failed. From what I can tell, to repair it, I need to replace the entire front axle, wheel, height adjustment mechanism. I cannot find said part anywhere.

Pick height, drill holes, insert bolt. Repeat for each wheel as necessary.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
effing nice loop. We used to go into the old quarry for some rock climbing and inhalation therapy. My sister just moved from 101 and Valley Circle to Laguna Beach so now I will have some new places to explore. But Pt Mugu State Park/ Sycamore Canyon will always be one of my favorites
The fact that I can ride to the beach from my house and it involves less than .5 miles actual roads will never not be cool. In terms of cool shit to go do, especially if you like mountain biking, it’s tough to beat this area. I don’t even ride half the trail networks out here because I’m too lazy to put my bike in the truck when I can just go ride something fun right out my front door. Haven’t driven to a trailhead in probably 6 months.

As much as I hate the Valley, there’s actually some rad trails right off valley circle, not quite Laguna quality, but still really fun.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
i have to do this if i ride after work (as my parking deck is underground with no roof clearance) - just remove front and back wheels, stick in back seat, profit. takes two minutes to break down/set back up.
Yeah, that's likely what I'll do as the trunk is too short. Spitty runs a thru axel in the rear to make things easier.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Back it up with a 2x4 on the inside and use some lag screws.
Run the 2x4 perpindicular and that should work. I'll cover the 2x4 with an old shorts liner to match the plush, BMW, black interior then paint the lag bolts and fork mount white to match the exterior. The rental compny will never notice.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Run the 2x4 perpindicular and that should work. I'll cover the 2x4 with an old shorts liner to match the plush, BMW, black interior then paint the lag bolts and fork mount white to match the exterior. The rental compny will never notice.

A few things from personal experience that I can say rental companies don't notice, bent tie rods, broken trunk latches and bent rims.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
In the UK a car I rented that had only 4k on the clock came with every tyre under inflated by various dangerous amounts. Another (older but still ‘new’) had low oil. Amazing shoddiness abounds.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Mine did break as well this Saturday. Broken bearing in one of the wheels for the drive belt. :disgust: