Quantcast

2023 MSA World Cup

FlipSide

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Conditions are prime and the weather is really nice.

We'll see how it goes, but some forecasts are predicting rain of biblical proportions starting saturday. If it is indeed the case, it may affect the DH race results and the XC race on sunday will most likely be a very muddy one. Still several days away, so we'll have to wait and see.
precipitation-and-clouds.jpeg

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Conditions are prime and the weather is really nice.

We'll see how it goes, but some forecasts are predicting rain of biblical proportions starting saturday. If it is indeed the case, it may affect the DH race result and the XC race on sunday will most likely be very muddy one. Still several days away, so we'll have to wait and see.View attachment 201435
Oof

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
can't remember which thread it was in, but the new maxxis tire..... mudslayer not the official name. AND a new casing coming. confirmed by jesse M on vital.

konifere

Monkey
Dec 20, 2021
Debating between taking the afternoon off Friday to go see qualis in the sun and checking the pits, or maybe going Saturday for the race but not sure. I like to see the raw speed, but I kind of prefer watching the race on live stream to see more of the action. I did the same two years ago and I think I prefered that. Depends if I feel like seeing other humans on Saturday or not I guess.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
It’s been hot, sunny and dry for weeks. The trails are hard and covered in dust. The leaves have started to change. Should be pretty. Will be interesting to see what happens with the rain that is forecast.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Debating between taking the afternoon off Friday to go see qualis in the sun and checking the pits, or maybe going Saturday for the race but not sure. I like to see the raw speed, but I kind of prefer watching the race on live stream to see more of the action. I did the same two years ago and I think I prefered that. Depends if I feel like seeing other humans on Saturday or not I guess.
there's also the possibility they might change the time/day of the race... I'd play it safe it I was there and catch qualis...

FlipSide

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
FWIW, as time passes by, the forecast is looking better for saturday.

It is still likely to be a muddy race, but it appears unlikely we'll see Noah and his high-pivot ark on the top step of the podium.

I certainly hope so.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Hopefully all the coolers with refreshing beverages are able to make it up the hill safely!

And back down. My buddy went last year and said someone has indulged a bit much and yard sale'd himself and cooler partway down the hill on the way out. :rofl:

Maybe offroad coolers will be in play?

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Hopefully all the coolers with refreshing beverages are able to make it up the hill safely!

And back down. My buddy went last year and said someone has indulged a bit much and yard sale'd himself and cooler partway down the hill on the way out. :rofl:

...and that is why last year I used a back-pack cooler.
1696447044551.gif

FlipSide

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001

I confirm last year was not the first time it happened. I have also witnessed a severely drunk dude OTB his cooler on the side of the track a few years ago.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I find MoiMoiTV's line discussions pretty great, but at nearly 37 minutes long, I have to watch with my finger on the fast forward button:

still, seeing the riders puzzle, discuss, and put together their lines is pretty great.

konifere

Monkey
Dec 20, 2021
Damn work getting in the way of my quali spectating plans :banghead: I'll probably go for a quick visit after work and will go tomorrow then.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Men's elite finals is gonna be good.

4 possible contenders with Jackson and Fin clear outsiders for the overall but with the points so close it may only take a mechanical or crash to shake things up.

Loic Bruni - 1518
Loris Vergier - 1458 ( -60 )
Jackson Goldstone - 1366 ( -152 )
Finn Iles - 1320 ( -198 )

Hoping for a Danny Hart win and points to alter because of it!

#Drama

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Would like to see one of the Irish squids take it again, for no other reason than they are a hell of a lot more entertaining than the rest of the top professionals.

vivisectxi

Monkey
Jan 14, 2021
yeast van
bruni not coasting for qualis it seems.

1st. Loic Bruni: 3:57.739
2nd. Troy Brosnan: 3:58.168
3rd. Andreas Kolb: 4:00.532
4th. Ethan Craik: 4:01.157
5th. Loris Vergier: 4:01.407

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
bruni not coasting for qualis it seems.

1st. Loic Bruni: 3:57.739
2nd. Troy Brosnan: 3:58.168
3rd. Andreas Kolb: 4:00.532
4th. Ethan Craik: 4:01.157
5th. Loris Vergier: 4:01.407
Troy also seems to be on a mission... according to Jack Moir anyways... he remarked on his speed at one point during one of his vlogs...
FTFY

Wild!
I was watching the race live. I think it was Jon Mozell, on his second crash into the netting?! holy smokez... unreal... gonna need new undies after that one.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Jon Mozell
Yeah. I remember reading MOZELL on the back of a dude who had a "hugey" infront of Jack in his MoiMoiTV
didn't remember if his was at the new wood/slab gap or if he was the guy who also went through the red netting. 'kin good going if he did do it twice and survive unscathed.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Yeah. I remember reading MOZELL on the back of a dude who had a "hugey" infront of Jack in his MoiMoiTV
didn't remember if his was at the new wood/slab gap or if he was the guy who also went through the red netting. 'kin good going if he did do it twice and survive unscathed.
I think I saw that too. And had the same thought... two massive crashes in the same spot?! the boy's got a lot of faith in that netting...

As for qualifying...

Neko just missed the big show in p61? that sucks.

Good thing for Finn and Dunne they're protected.... Hope they're ok?