Quantcast

2024 racing thread

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
I have to say, countering the allegations that their bikes are too flexy by signing Bulldog and getting them ridden at a hardline event was a shrewd marketing move by Forbidden.

schwaaa31

Turbo Monkey
Jul 30, 2002
Clinton Massachusetts
I've given up watching vids from the "Jamie Oliver" of MTB.
Has he stopped waving the go pro/cell phone camera wildly around?
Swear I nearly get motion sickness from his "Camera must bounce around, and never stop moving" style of shooting.
Good story from Rachel Atherton on Warner and Eliot Jackson’s podcast. She said that at one of the World Cup races a few years back, he was telling her that Hardline that year would be “rubbish” if he didn’t show up. She slapped him across the face and tears were shed. She said they’ve made up since. What a pompous douche.

Last edited:

jrewing

Monkey
Aug 22, 2010
Maydena Oz
Extremely disappointed Steve Peat raced the 50+ class being 49 years old. He shouldve been in my class where he wouldve slotted in between me and 1st so we should’ve been on the podium together!
Anyways talked shit and we won beer… not bad

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Extremely disappointed Steve Peat raced the 50+ class being 49 years old. He shouldve been in my class where he wouldve slotted in between me and 1st so we should’ve been on the podium together!
Anyways talked shit and we won beer… not bad
Sandbaggers suck

jrewing

Monkey
Aug 22, 2010
Maydena Oz
On another note. I think Troy Brosnan is on for a big year. Said hes riding/racing way more DH pre-season,as he felt fit last year but lacked time on the DH. And his race win yesterday was nuts. Put 4 seconds on Luke Meier-Smith in the fast steep blown section.

schwaaa31

Turbo Monkey
Jul 30, 2002
Clinton Massachusetts
This is live now. Fishbach just took a wicked over the bars to the head. He’s riding a GasGas ebike with the battery removed.

ebarker9

Monkey
Oct 2, 2007

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Juniors are going to be so much fun this year.
Remember how the kiwi junior girls swept the podium at Worlds 2023? Well, there's some 16yo wunderlass from NZ that has been beating those girls at home the past few years that is now hitting the WC circuit in 2024.

Juniors being televised is the silver lining on the Discovery cloud.

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
On another note. I think Troy Brosnan is on for a big year. Said hes riding/racing way more DH pre-season,as he felt fit last year but lacked time on the DH. And his race win yesterday was nuts. Put 4 seconds on Luke Meier-Smith in the fast steep blown section.
I sure hope so. Always liked him and his approach. As far as I am concerned, he definitely deserves an overall at this point.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
I get the feeling Bernard didnae grow up on a cooncil scheme

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Did his dad have a big old beaten up camper... That didn't like starting... waaay back. Before Pivot etc? Or am I thinking of some other posh sounding blonde southern kid?

konastab01

Turbo Monkey
Dec 7, 2004
Did his dad have a big old beaten up camper... That didn't like starting... waaay back. Before Pivot etc? Or am I thinking of some other posh sounding blonde southern kid?
It was a caravan they use to have from memory, certainly aint got that now.

Classic porsches, Ferraris, American Buses, more motorbikes than you can shake a stick at and a warehouse oh and not to mention multiple gaffs.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
I get the feeling Bernard didnae grow up on a cooncil scheme
I'm sure he actually did grow up pretty hard off? Maybe doesn't act it now but I thought he heard he wasn't living the chalet life as a young fella.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
It was a caravan
Atherton's also used to traips the country in their dad's caravan when Dan was Jnr, Gee Youth. a very young Rach hanging about the field with her Dad... Seemed to work out pretty well for them too

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
It was a caravan they use to have from memory, certainly aint got that now.

Classic porsches, Ferraris, American Buses, more motorbikes than you can shake a stick at and a warehouse oh and not to mention multiple gaffs.

Don't forget thumping his young employee. That next contract negotiation will be awkward.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
can you elaborate?

In one of the trackwalk videos las year someone asked Sven what team would he want his kids to be on. He replied something like I'd never let a daughter around Kerr, implying he was diddling Jenna Hastings. There was much laughing from surrounding riders as though it was a well known inside joke. So I certainly cannot say for sure but it all seems to add up.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Ah. thought that's what you might have meant.
"thumping" is a term moar commonly used to mean physical assault in England.
"pumping" = Scottish for shagging.
Guess Jenna must have been 18 when she joined Pivot? But at 30? it'd still make Bernard a creepy cunt

Feb 21, 2020
SoCo Western Slope
Ah. thought that's what you might have meant.
"thumping" is a term moar commonly used to mean physical assault in England.
"pumping" = Scottish for shagging.
Guess Jenna must have been 18 when she joined Pivot? But at 30? it'd still make Bernard a creepy cunt
This is Jenna's 3rd season racing for Pivot Factory, so depending on when the "pumping" was initiated it may have been under questionable legal circumstance.

She's 19 now and BK is 33. :monkeydance:

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
legal age of consent is 16 in the UK
But morality isn't the same as legality.
Some folk still worship Elvis FFS

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
This is Jenna's 3rd season racing for Pivot Factory, so depending on when the "pumping" was initiated it may have been under questionable legal circumstance.

She's 19 now and BK is 33. :monkeydance:
Mabye a Lady,fellow women riders,Sissie,Mother,can tell her to Brush her Hair. For Fucks Sake.

Avy