Quantcast

2024 racing thread

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
Ah. thought that's what you might have meant.
"thumping" is a term moar commonly used to mean physical assault in England.
"pumping" = Scottish for shagging.
Guess Jenna must have been 18 when she joined Pivot? But at 30? it'd still make Bernard a creepy cunt
beyond creepy. Plenty of riders have shacked up with a team mate or peer; but a sizeable age gap with someone you’re supposed to be supporting and mentoring is seriously wrong.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
beyond creepy. Plenty of riders have shacked up with a team mate or peer; but a sizeable age gap with someone you’re supposed to be supporting and mentoring is seriously wrong.
It isn't just being a mentor, he is her boss. Always a bad idea.

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
Mentally/emotionally hes about her age. Always thought he was craving of something emotionally.
Now now,do we know anything for sure? I do not like to speak of nonsense. I understand what you are saying,but let us not jump like crackheads. If it is true,we go from there.

Avy

Bike078

Monkey
Jan 11, 2018
I think that they're a couple. Remember seeing it somewhere, on Insta maybe. They're both consenting adults so they can do as they please but I don't think it's proper for so many reasons.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Its been mentioned in a few videos out there, at least very subtly and kind of poking the bear type comments.

Though I guess no one really knows the details, but it'd suck being on their team. There would be some obvious bias and conflicts of interests going on there. Like for example, will Bernard renew or negotiate your contract in the same way that he does with hers? Again, something he hasn't done the smart thing and removed himself from those conflicts.

Anyways. When is the next race?

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
if you need mandatory HR training to know that...you might be an idiot
I assume many people might assume it's not really a boss-employee relation since it's all "bros" in the industry. Not defending it here just trying to understand how he could have missed that.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
"It has been mutually decided". Ah yes. The same way most of us here are not dating actual supermodels because it was "mutually decided".

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
So, any guesses what he said or did that so displeased Canyon? Any juicy rumours floating around out in social hell that you plugged in guys may have heard?

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
Someone just laid it out in a very blunt post over on the Vital team rumors thread

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Someone just laid it out in a very blunt post over on the Vital team rumors thread
If people are tossing that out there, hopefully there is some truth behind it (I mean, I wish there wasn't, but its not something to just come out and say).

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Sounds like DHers need that mandatory HR training
After a quick trip to Vital...
If the rape allegation is true, then that goes way beyond HR. That is basic humanity.
If that is the case, he needs a trip or three behind the woodshed for a serious tuneup. :butcher:
Hope the rest of his sponsors take a good look at the situation.

konifere

Monkey
Dec 20, 2021
I saw the comments under Daprela's Instagram post before he removed them all. One person said that "maybe he did something wrong with a girl" and then a few others started saying the same thing. Emilie Siegenthaler liked that post. Then some people "in the know" started writing similar posts on the Vital forum. If all that is true, it doesn't look good for his racing career...

Last edited:

konifere

Monkey
Dec 20, 2021
Even if innocent, its not good for it.

But if not, well....

Hopefully there are proven facts and records to backup allegations like that.
Oops I had edited my post in the meantime :D But like you said, either way, it leaves a mark.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Also not a very good look for Canyon if he was dropped by Commencal for that. There’s no way someone in that camp didn’t hear about it.
Unless charges are made it is easy for people to explain their way to justifying what they want the truth to be in these situations.

Well, for SOME people.