Quantcast

20mm Rear hub

the law

Monkey
Jun 25, 2002
where its at
Originally posted by DIRTWRKS
Hi,

Does anyone still make a Thru axle 20mm Rear Hub ?
Talk to hadley. They make a 17mm rear hub and adapters to make them fit most,if not all, frames designed for 20mm rear hubs

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Originally posted by the law
Talk to hadley. They make a 17mm rear hub and adapters to make them fit most,if not all, frames designed for 20mm rear hubs
yup.

That said why do you want a 20mm rear end? (unless you ahve a bike that absolutely needs one).

They are pretty much useless, i rode one for 2 years and didnt notice a difference between the 12mm and 20mm axle setups (i could switch back and forth by changing dropouts).

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Yeah, that's what my Dirtworks Piranha requires on the rear and I know Razor Rock are no longer around so....

Thanks for the info.
That is a major bummer. Is there anyway you can get some inserts machined so that you could run a 12mm? Seems like it would be simple enough...

DIRTWRKS

Monkey
Aug 13, 2003
Canada EH !
I have a spare second axle with 20mm inserts on the ends which I thought was 12mm but I measured it and it's 14mm axle, is there such a thing as 14mm hub ?

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
I have a spare second axle with 20mm inserts on the ends which I thought was 12mm but I measured it and it's 14mm axle, is there such a thing as 14mm hub ?

I believe Hadley makes what you are looking for.

UiUiUiUi

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2003
Berlin, Germany
Yeah, that's what my Dirtworks Piranha requires on the rear and I know Razor Rock are no longer around so....

Thanks for the info.
a 15mm TA Hadley hub and some spacers to make it fit on the 20mm droputs will work fine!
a friend of mine uses this setup on his piranha and didn't have any problems with it.
i have a similar setup on my Fatty Fat which also works good.

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
Hi,

Does anyone still make a Thru axle 20mm Rear Hub ?
What happened to your hub??? I thought that thing was indestructible!

(PS...been too busy in the last couple days to go pick up that supercharger)

Matt D

Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
charlottesville, va
Yeti DH-9's have 20mm dropouts as well. I'm using the 15mm Hadley spaced out and it works find.

There's one other company that's makes 20mm hubs that came stock on some Yeti's, can't remember though.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
Originally posted by Matt D
Yeti DH-9's have 20mm dropouts as well. I'm using the 15mm Hadley spaced out and it works find.

There's one other company that's makes 20mm hubs that came stock on some Yeti's, can't remember though.
Nuh-uh. According to Yeti, the new bikes are coming with Hadleys. They used to come with 15 mm Edco hubs, but they've gone away from those too....