Quantcast

224s have arrived!

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
The team bikes are starting to come out of orange now. Beside's Steve's personal bikes, these are the first ones in racers hands.

They seem to have relieved every machined part as much as they could, all tubes are rounded, and they finally added a replaceable dropout.

Edit: Forgot to mention then fancy new gusste do to the much smaller downtube.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Not twitchy at all, and we really don't even pay much attention to the parts that hang off of it weight wise. The frame is just so damn light it makes it possible, especially if you run an air DHX.

bomberboy11

Monkey
Jul 15, 2005
At a computer...duh
Ya not a huge fan of that orange color as well myself...saw one of the old 223's with that nice electric blue (the same one they have on the newer Corvette's) and I wet the floor below me with drool.

Supa8

Monkey
May 3, 2002
Middle of MA
Transcend said:
Sub 38? Holmes, that bike is sub 38 with a steel spring now... Try sub 36....
Now thats almost silly light. Saw the 223 in Dirt with the RP3#ish rear shock and it said was 38Lbs. 36 is getting near trail bike light.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Supa8 said:
Now thats almost silly light. Saw the 223 in Dirt with the RP3#ish rear shock and it said was 38Lbs. 36 is getting near trail bike light.
That sounds about right, only the 224 is 1lb lighter, and dropping the floater makes it another pound lighter. Drop the coil for a DHX air and you are at 3 lbs lighter then my team bike last year.

My team bike weighed somewhere in the 38lb range. You do the math! :drool:

zerossix

Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Arlington, VA
Transcend said:
That sounds about right, only the 224 is 1lb lighter, and dropping the floater makes it another pound lighter. Drop the coil for a DHX air and you are at 3 lbs lighter then my team bike last year.

My team bike weighed somewhere in the 38lb range. You do the math! :drool:
dude your DH bike is gunna almost weigh less then my STP...or will it, my STP weighs like 37 i think...

Cooper

Chimp
May 18, 2005
Sydney, OZ
Nice one Trancend, im so hot for those 224's right now.... Out of interist is that the 15 or 17 inch size?

Any chanceof seeing some complete bike shots.

dream4est

Monkey
Jan 28, 2003
Transcend said:
Those are the regular's (15").

Look for complete bikes next week.
what was the build on the 38lb 223?
and how much does the 224 with dhx air weigh?
just curious.

sama1ter

Monkey
Apr 29, 2004
The OC
zerossix said:
dude your DH bike is gunna almost weigh less then my STP...or will it, my STP weighs like 37 i think...

havea little trouble with your 4th grade math?

38=old bike
-1lb for floater
-1lb for frame
-1lb for no coil
=35lbs

AlmostHeaven

Turbo Monkey
Jun 8, 2005
VIRGINIA
dream4est said:
what was the build on the 38lb 223?
and how much does the 224 with dhx air weigh?
just curious.
good god. were you ever curious about learning how to read in 1st grade?

i guess that was wrong of me,but you probably can't count how many times he has ALREADY mentioned the weight either...what a sad story.

sorry to derail temporarily! AWESOME bike man! can't wait for a complete shot!

AlmostHeaven said:
good god. were you ever curious about learning how to read in 1st grade?

i guess that was wrong of me,but you probably can't count how many times he has ALREADY mentioned the weight either...what a sad story.

sorry to derail temporarily! AWESOME bike man! can't wait for a complete shot!
Ummm... he never said the weight in this thread, he said a pound lighter than a 223, but if you don't know how much a 223 weighs, it doesn't really help does it? I guess you weren't curious about learning to read in first grade either...

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
not to hijack the thread but dump you should talk where are the build pics of your evil frame you were showing off way back when?

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
manhattanprjkt83 said:
not to hijack the thread but dump you should talk where are the build pics of your evil frame you were showing off way back when?
simple - it's not built. it's under my bed - don't want to spend money to build it right now... riding a used kona stuff that i got off rm buy/sell.

fraser - is building it up as simple as switching over the parts on your 223?

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
bizutch said:
wow....that frames just in time for you to retire it for the season with narry a scratch!:thumb:
Naw, just breaking the team record for getting frames for next season. So far the record was Dec 24 last year. Now we have Aust something. :D

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
dump said:
simple - it's not built. it's under my bed - don't want to spend money to build it right now... riding a used kona stuff that i got off rm buy/sell.

fraser - is building it up as simple as switching over the parts on your 223?
Naw it isn't quite that simple. New hub and or hadley parts to swap out as I have no floater. Then some new sponsor parts are waiting to show up. Sadly, their will not be fully built pics until I return home from the UK mid September.

Orange is lending me a bike to ride over there so I dont have to ship.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Hey Fraser...my favorite quote from a Pro at Snowshoe this weekend I know who lurks here but never posts:
"What's up with that Transend guy? He's awful cocky for a guy who's not that fast."
HAR HAR....you got suuurvved.... :D

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
bizutch said:
Hey Fraser...my favorite quote from a Pro at Snowshoe this weekend I know who lurks here but never posts:
"What's up with that Transend guy? He's awful cocky for a guy who's not that fast."
HAR HAR....you got suuurvved.... :D
If anyone thinks that has to do with riding bikes, they are sadly mistaken.