Quantcast

24/12/6 hours + Downhill of Pat's Peak

mogulskr

Monkey
Aug 28, 2002
NH
Look like Pat's Peak is trying a little harder this year. They even have 4 grand up for grabs.

The sucky thing though is the race is 2pm to 2pm. The downhill is before it. Not sure adding the 6 hour is such a good idea with the amount of people there last year not sure if they will have enough.

There is new singletrack add as well. Who's in?

mogulskr

Monkey
Aug 28, 2002
NH
I am either doing the 12 solo or duo. Really have no chance of winning, so I figure we can ride and at 2am start drinking.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
awesome, they asked for suggestions last year, and they listened to mine: "Additional Flat Single Track areas added to course"

did team of 5 last year, the heat, humidity & that climb destroyed me......I want revenge! :redhot:

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
there should be a hardcore award for anyone tha races DH, then goes solo

DH & 6 = hardcore
DH & 12 = rad hardcore
DH & 24 = idiot ! err, I mean super hardcore

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
mogulskr said:
I am either doing the 12 solo or duo. Really have no chance of winning, so I figure we can ride and at 2am start drinking.
Now THAT sounds like my kind of race ;) Not sure if I am planning 12 solo or a duo (either 12/24). Guess I should get that figured out.

Edit: Perhaps I should be a little more hardcore and do the DH & 12 :think: so many options...

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Climb up the mtn on fire road, single track, and on open ST (on ski trails), theres is a couple down sections before you get to the last part of the climb that seemed to get steeper every lap.
Now a short section of Flat technical ST (it was muddy last year, and had most folks doing a short hike a bike).
Then it was time to go down mostly ST but some rough jeep roads included, pretty fun & fast. A little fire road climb, then a flat section in front of a cabin (people there put out a jump & a teeter, hit it and you'd get a bunch of hoots & hollars from them), down a little more, up thru the camping section, and over to the start finish.

4.5 miles, maybe 700 ft of climbing, team fast guys were doing sub 30 min laps.

This year they added some flat sections of ST to the course.

super friendly staff, nice vibe, AWESOME burgers & pretty fun!

splat

Nam I am
gnurider1080 said:
i think i can handle a duo. youll have to start though as ill be doing the dh race as well.
I've lost Gnurider , he has to work .

:help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help:

I need some team mates ! or I guess I'll be doing it solo! :help: :help:

TreeSaw said:
We may be out...might be tough to do 2 weekends in a row without baby. I'll figure it out this weekend and let you know.
I think we could draft my wife into doing baby sitting duties ( her idea )

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
splat said:
I've lost Gnurider , he has to work .

:help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help:

I need some team mates ! or I guess I'll be doing it solo! :help: :help:

I think we could draft my wife into doing baby sitting duties ( her idea )
sorry splat. :( ill be there to cheer you on since i dont work on saturdays and im still planning on doing the dh race.

mogulskr

Monkey
Aug 28, 2002
NH
splat said:
if I don't find anybody, that is what i probably will do , or maybe the 12 hour.
Splat, we may need another person on a 5 person coed. There will be no chance of winning anything. Everyone is just there to ride.

mogulskr

Monkey
Aug 28, 2002
NH
douglas said:
there was only 4 teams in 5 person coed last year, and I am pretty sure the team that won will not be back
We were one of the 4 teams and by the end of the first lap we realized we had no shot.

Splat, hopefully I will know if we need someone by tomorrow.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
splat said:
so Your entire team decicde to do the VT 100 ?

2 of them, I was still waiting to here if the 4th was really in, and the 5th was the weak link in the 1st place/not someone I would have wanted on the team........so F all of them

I'm going solo

(I cant do 12 or 24 being I only have 3 hours worth of battery....plus I'd bonk/die/or something not good)

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
splat said:
at the moment It looks like I my be doing a 2 X 12
So are you "in" / definitely be there ?

I'm trying to decide if I'll head up Friday (do a preride), then do the hour drive to my nieces to sleep...or just go up Saturday

splat

Nam I am
Yes! Doug I am In!!!

Pre Road the Course today !

Thyat course is tough, lots of Climbing , all the way to the top is the same course ( couple o Minor changes but nothing much )

When you get to the top , you do the single track, start down the road , and then take a single track off of the road Just like last year , But in stead of Screaming into that drainage ditch and riding down it . they added a New run Of single track , Sweet tight stuff , there are a Couple of Hair Pin Turns on it to really make it interesting , then it dumps you out just about right at the bottom . JUst before you have to climb up to the House.

the other significant change at the bottom where you go up a little bit to get to the exchange , well they send up up a little higher and you are actually facing racers going the other way( that will be interesting at night blinding each other ) till you hit the Lift line then you jun down the lift coming out right by the lodge.

They were working on the course while I was there . and Had added a lot of new Bridges to cover Snowmaking , and Water bars , mud etc .

also the Green Heads were out Big Time!!! One Bit Me right through My glove !

SO Bring Bug juice!!!!

I was also Talking to one of the workers who was telling me they already have more people Pre-regestered for the racethan has ever done it before. I guess Making a Nice tiddy sum of Money as prises does do some things.

also the Heavy Rains we have had , there were some significant wash out areas to watch out for.

splat

Nam I am
They added a lot of these to the COurse

Doing a little work , Had to go around him.

The view from the top of the first climb ( not the Top or higest point in the race )

Another worker , working on the DH Course , this is where teh DH crosses the XC.

On hte big climb you need to watch out for this wash out , there were a bunch of wash outs on the course .

and this wash out at the bottom of the of the big Single tack decent we get dumped off the sing le track about 10 yards above this.