Quantcast

24/12/6 hours + Downhill of Pat's Peak

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
awesome!!
so you doing duo 12? or something else?

re: course changes > they asked for feedback last year, and they must have paid attention to what I wrote them!!
did you get total miles for the loop?

I plan to set up at the end of the course, where you do that last dirt road climb before the finish.
I think I talked my sis into coming to the race...if so I'll be getting there Saturday, so no pre ride for me :eek:

mogulskr

Monkey
Aug 28, 2002
NH
splat said:
then it dumps you out just about right at the bottom . JUst before you have to climb up to the House.

the other significant change at the bottom where you go up a little bit to get to the exchange , well they send up up a little higher and you are actually facing racers going the other way( that will be interesting at night blinding each other ) till you hit the Lift line then you jun down the lift coming out right by the lodge.
You still go past the house on your left though right?

I'm also a little confused on the change at the exchange point.

Before you would come out of the woods head down a little bit and make a left and then on the dirt road. Follow that up and around and then head down on the right hand side of the lift.

At what point is the change?

Thanks for the info, we are pre riding tomorrow night, but I was just curious.

splat

Nam I am
douglas said:
awesome!!
so you doing duo 12? or something else?

re: course changes > they asked for feedback last year, and they must have paid attention to what I wrote them!!
did you get total miles for the loop?
I am Doing a duo 12 , It is going to be interesting MCD my partner , while very stong , rides a single speed 29er :eek: and this is first race like this and first time riding at night

Total Miles I had just about 5

mogulskr said:
You still go past the house on your left though right?

I'm also a little confused on the change at the exchange point.

Before you would come out of the woods head down a little bit and make a left and then on the dirt road. Follow that up and around and then head down on the right hand side of the lift.

At what point is the change?

Thanks for the info, we are pre riding tomorrow night, but I was just curious.
Yes you do!

I'm a little confused how they are going to handle the exchange too!

you used to come out of the woods , and go up and around the bunny slope. you now go over and then come down the lift line on the left side of teh building as you face it.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
change of plans.......one of my original teammates wanted in, so it looks like there will be some monkey head to head competition

:dancing:

mogulskr

Monkey
Aug 28, 2002
NH
Wow lots of 2x12s, there were only 4 last year. With your 2 teams and mine plus another of non monkeys it could be a big class and here I thought we had a shot at placing.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
mogulskr said:
Wow lots of 2x12s, there were only 4 last year. With your 2 teams and mine plus another of non monkeys it could be a big class and here I thought we had a shot at placing.

I didnt know you were doing duo 12

dude, dont call it beforehand......12 hours is a long time, people bonk, bikes break, lights die.

Just ride your race, and leave what you got on the course :thumb:

mogulskr

Monkey
Aug 28, 2002
NH
I figured with 4 teams we could at least beat one. No way I was thinking of winning anything. I'm there for fun.

mogulskr

Monkey
Aug 28, 2002
NH
I'm on a black yeti with gold hubs, may have the ridemonkey jersey on. We usually set up on the side of the dirt road as you are climbing to the echange. Give a shout when you're passing me.

mogulskr

Monkey
Aug 28, 2002
NH
I rode the course last night. The new bridges are nice but there are a few trouble spots.

Splat not sure if you noticed, but when you come down off the first big climb and go down the hill there is a hard right hand corner where you turn to go back into the woods there is a 2 foot deep ditch you need to go around. The problem though is riders will be coming up the hill and will be in the same spot.

Also the new single track in the downhill is nice, but I think someone is going to hit a tree at some point. There are some really tight turns and you are carrying a lot of speed.

I have no idea how the exchange is going to work because at the end you get dump about 200 feet ahead of the exchnage from last year.

Good news was the 'Ramp of Doom' and the 'Teeter of Terror' was set up already and on the second climb they don't make you cross accross the field and then go up again.

mogulskr

Monkey
Aug 28, 2002
NH
No tent set up. The only thing I can guess is that maybe the tent will be in the same spot and you need to run back to it and make the exchange.

Also if it rains it will be a mud fest. There are muddy spots now and I don't thinkit has rained to much up there lately.

splat

Nam I am
mogulskr said:
I rode the course last night. The new bridges are nice but there are a few trouble spots.

Splat not sure if you noticed, but when you come down off the first big climb and go down the hill there is a hard right hand corner where you turn to go back into the woods there is a 2 foot deep ditch you need to go around. The problem though is riders will be coming up the hill and will be in the same spot.

Also the new single track in the downhill is nice, but I think someone is going to hit a tree at some point. There are some really tight turns and you are carrying a lot of speed.

I have no idea how the exchange is going to work because at the end you get dump about 200 feet ahead of the exchnage from last year.

Good news was the 'Ramp of Doom' and the 'Teeter of Terror' was set up already and on the second climb they don't make you cross accross the field and then go up again.
yeah a few trouble spots to ay the least.

the exchange point I was quite puzzeled how they plan to pull it off. seams like you going to come in hot with sped from the down hill to have to stop for an exchange , sounds likea pile up waiting to happen.

well trees on singe ltrack were made to be hit . also those hairpins in the single track will be lots o fun in the dark.

mogulskr

Monkey
Aug 28, 2002
NH
douglas said:
woot! looks like I will be able to preride Friday

~Team its cool to have choclate in my pants~
Good to hear you can preride, then you can spend Friday night cleaning your bike. I think they got quite a bit of rain last night so the mud should be everywhere.

~Team Liger~

splat

Nam I am
TreeSaw said:
Best of luck to all of you racing monkeys! Stay hydrated for sure...it's supposed to be a hot weekend!
thank you T!!!

My plans have changed ( yet again ) Instead of staying up at my In-laws , I will be leaving home and driving up with Mert tommorow Morning ! still doing the 2 X12

-- Team 2 slow daddy's who think they are fast! --