Quantcast

24 Hours at Snow Shoe

mcgowanc

Monkey
Jan 22, 2004
Boulder CO
I know several people interested in doing the 24 Hours at Snow Shoe race. Is there anyone out there that wants to do the race (it is coming up soon).

- Thanks
Chelsea

kirstin

Monkey
Mar 24, 2004
DC
mcgowanc said:
I know several people interested in doing the 24 Hours at Snow Shoe race. Is there anyone out there that wants to do the race (it is coming up soon).

- Thanks
Chelsea
ugh. i had a team set up to do the 24 hours, but two people got injured. and after racing the cross country course there yesterday, all i can say is "F that".
disgusting is the only word to describe it.

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
kirstin said:
ugh. i had a team set up to do the 24 hours, but two people got injured. and after racing the cross country course there yesterday, all i can say is "F that".
Guessing you don't like the mud :)

kirstin

Monkey
Mar 24, 2004
DC
mcgowanc said:
really, that bad huh? What was bad about it? - Was it difficult?
it was 9+ miles of hell. the first two descents were fun DH-like hills, but a lot of people were getting off their bikes to walk them, so there was no point in even trying to ride them. the rest of the course was either soupy mud or cakey mud, by the 2nd lap we were walking at least 1/2 of the course. the uphills sucked, especially the last 3+ mile climb to the finish line.

it wasn't a particularly difficult course, just not fun at all. i put it in the top 3 least fun races i've ever done - the only one that really sucked more was at poor farm last year in rain/sleet/snow.

although i did notice that all the DH and street riding i've been doing lately have made my bike handling a lot better :)

kirstin

Monkey
Mar 24, 2004
DC
mobius said:
Guessing you don't like the mud :)
heh, i don't mind it all that much when it's just a thin coat of mud. but this was just insane... the only parts that weren't axle-deep in mud were the fire roads, and those were all climbs. yech.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
kirstin said:
Exactly why I am driving 9+ hours to do the 24 in Dalton Mass instead.

mcgowanc

Monkey
Jan 22, 2004
Boulder CO
-- hmmm sounds like a great time!!! j/k. Well maybe it wasnt such a bad thing that I cant make it :)
I think I am going to try to get a team together for 24 @ Moab - hopefully less mud .. more rock!

whale

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Silver Spring, MD
mcgowanc said:
-- hmmm sounds like a great time!!! j/k. Well maybe it wasnt such a bad thing that I cant make it :)
I think I am going to try to get a team together for 24 @ Moab - hopefully less mud .. more rock!
mmmmm... moab!

mcgowanc

Monkey
Jan 22, 2004
Boulder CO
yes .. nothing more fun than the grippy red rock .. it makes u feel like a super hero .. best stuff ever (as long as u don't fall). OH yes and the views - not sooo bad either :)