Quantcast

24 Hours of Adrenaline @ Dalton 2005- Plans and Smacktalk

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
TreeSaw said:
Doug & Echo - Sq-Earl has his C-dale hardtail (gears and all) and it's a large. Maybe he should bring it "just in case"?
Thanks for the offer... but if I'm gonna be on a hardtail it's at least gonna be mine :D

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
F.Y.I..... :)

"Hi Tigg,

You are correct on the "no" open fire pits... the venue is a working farm that accommodates us for a one week period. That being said the above ground fireplace you mention should be ok. We do reserve the right to any such fireplaces until we actually see it.

trust this helps,

twenty4 sports"

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
yup, that doesn't suck

Dalton, MA:

Fri Jun 24 Partly Cloudy 83°/58°

Sat Jun 25 Partly Cloudy 86°/62°

Sun Jun 26 Partly Cloudy 84°/58°

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
This talk of good weather is bad luck, if it rains it all you's guys fault. Personally I am sealing the seams on my tent, teflon coating my bikes and waterproofing old swimsuits to wear over my smugglers to keep my ass dry.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Westy said:
This talk of good weather is bad luck, if it rains it all you's guys fault. Personally I am sealing the seams on my tent, teflon coating my bikes and waterproofing old swimsuits to wear over my smugglers to keep my ass dry.

I'm bringing wool socks and my mittens, for the foot of snow we gonna get Saturday night

actually, for me - bring on the rain & mud.......I like it

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I'm more worried about freezing my ass off again. I swear I saw some snow flakes at the top of the climb last year, although hallucinations were likely.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Westy said:
I'm more worried about freezing my ass off again. I swear I saw some snow flakes at the top of the climb last year, although hallucinations were likely.
I think you're getting confused with Old Pueblo :dead:

justbill

Stunt Humper
Mar 29, 2004
barefoot in the kitchen...
That is a warm forcast. I was expecting it to be a bit on the cool side and planned primarily hot meals for the weekend.

Its ok tho. I havent gone shopping yet. I will just bring cold cuts and salad. That should be alot easier and cooler for the racers.

NOT !!

Dont forget your biodegradeable shower kits. We dont want to poision the farmers field.
I have a small portable DVD in the camper too so bring movies if you want. I will make popcorn and you can shower then lounge by the fire drifting off to sleep watching "Breaking Away". Don't worry, someone will wake you for your next lap.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
TreeSaw said:
I would have, but it's our faculty appreciation breakfast (and we get our last check) so I will go in.
I was going to work, but I figured "WTF" and just asked for Monday off. Besides, it'll give me a chance to sit home and load pics all day. (plus I'll be able to rest up for 9:00 hockey game Monday night :help: )

:dancing:

Goddy43

Monkey
Apr 21, 2005
I Are Baboon said:
Is anyone taking Monday off from work? I was not planning on it, but am thinking about it.

I will be a zombie at the office that monday, which sucks because I have a project deadline the next week.

Crashby

Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Rochester, NY
I took Monday off to go on a long hike with the girlfriend and celebrate her birthday...

Hmmmm... all day hiking trip the day after a 24 hour race?... :cool:

Last day of training today!!! A 30 mile road ride, then off til the race :p

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
I'm working monday

today is sorta a rest day (2 hours of volleyball), wednesday is the weekly xc race, Thursday is definitely a rest day, Friday I'll try really hard to not ride much, or at least make the (pre) rides short & slow

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Yep. Today is a rest day for me as well. (unless you count mowing my big a$$ lawn!) I'm planning a 30 mile road ride for tomorrow, off on Thurs. and then easy pre-ride(s) on Friday.

Steve (Goddy43) and I should be rolling in to Dalton around 2pm on Friday. Do the rest of you guys have time(s) planned to pre-ride, or are you just going to play it by ear?

Sorgie

Monkey
May 20, 2005
Rochester
I have to work Monday because I've pretty much used up my vacation time already. :eek: I've also taken the last 5 months off to carbo load and save all my energy for Dalton. I expect to go right for my fat stores to fuel the climbs and still have enough extra mass to help me carry speed on the downhills ;)

Goddy43

Monkey
Apr 21, 2005
McGRP01 said:
Yep. Today is a rest day for me as well. (unless you count mowing my big a$$ lawn!) I'm planning a 30 mile road ride for tomorrow, off on Thurs. and then easy pre-ride(s) on Friday.
I am going on the SMBA group ride tonight, off tomorrow, company golf tournament thursday afternoon and then I will get my first look at the course friday.

Tigg where are you gong for the road ride tomorrow?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I will be taking Monday off to drive home. Will crash at my brothers place Sunday night in White Plains. Of course that is even if I make it there. A customer is demanding I stay at their location and work the weekend, hopefully someone will be able to cover for me. Although a t this point I'd be ready to resign over the whole thing with all the BS they have been putting me through.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
justbill said:
That is a warm forcast. I was expecting it to be a bit on the cool side and planned primarily hot meals for the weekend.

Its ok tho. I havent gone shopping yet. I will just bring cold cuts and salad. That should be alot easier and cooler for the racers.

NOT !!

Dont forget your biodegradeable shower kits. We dont want to poision the farmers field.
I have a small portable DVD in the camper too so bring movies if you want. I will make popcorn and you can shower then lounge by the fire drifting off to sleep watching "Breaking Away". Don't worry, someone will wake you for your next lap.
I can bring a bunch of FR movies! North Shore XTreme series and Cranked 5 and whatnot! That oughta keep us motivated when we get tired! :dancing:

Instigator

ass balancer
Aug 22, 2001
Rochester, NY
Sorgie said:
I have to work Monday because I've pretty much used up my vacation time already. :eek: I've also taken the last 5 months off to carbo load and save all my energy for Dalton. I expect to go right for my fat stores to fuel the climbs and still have enough extra mass to help me carry speed on the downhills ;)
It is nice to hear that you have followed the Stuntmatty and Instigator training plan :thumb:

I found that I have enough fat to ride up hills for the next 6 weeks, but it also ends up being at a brutally slow pace trying to fight gravity with all that extra weight :eek: :dead:

Goddy43

Monkey
Apr 21, 2005
Whats the deal with the showers listed on the camping map? Are these basically a hose hanging in the air?