Quantcast

24 Hours Of Moab

JOJO

Top Banana
Jun 28, 2001
Superior, CO
So are any other monkeys going to the 24 hrs of Moab this weekend?

This will be my first 24hr race ever, I cant wait.

The weather is supposed to be awesome. See ya there

:)

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
JOJO will have to bring back a report, I've heard the same thing about that course....too much sand.

T0mo

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
nedtown, colorado
I'll be there, that course rules. I'm not racing, just going out to support friends. I raced it last year and wish I haden't gotten too lazy to do it again. What teams are all of you folks gonna be on? I'll be out there with the y-riders. Maybe I'll see y'all out there.

JOJO

Top Banana
Jun 28, 2001
Superior, CO
Sorry for the delay guys I had to run to work:rolleyes:

My team name is reallly dorky.... Team Breakfast Club... we each kinda represent people from the movie... go figure:rolleyes: it was a desperate last minute attempt to find a name.

We are doing the 5 person open with 2 women and 3 men...

I went night riding last night and went down hard.... woohoo. Hopefully it wasnt a sign of whats to come:p

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Originally posted by JOJO
Sorry for the delay guys I had to run to work:rolleyes:

My team name is reallly dorky.... Team Breakfast Club... we each kinda represent people from the movie... go figure:rolleyes: it was a desperate last minute attempt to find a name.

We are doing the 5 person open with 2 women and 3 men...

I went night riding last night and went down hard.... woohoo. Hopefully it wasnt a sign of whats to come:p
You using helmet AND bar mount lights?

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Oh yes. It was an expesive purchase but well worth it!
Good, that's the best way to make the ride seem like day. :)

Yes, lights are a fortune. i always end up borrowing a friend's set.

djjohnr

Turbo Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Northern California
Just got back from Moab to find my car towed....JOY!!! Moab was a blast as usual. We built a mini-double with a fire in the middle on the course, great fun. A few racers actually hit it! For those of you that did we should have pictures soon. Time to sleep.....

JOJO

Top Banana
Jun 28, 2001
Superior, CO
It was an awesome weekend. My entire body aches but it was well worth it.

Our team (Breakfast Club) came in 15th out of 98 teams in the 5 person open class so we were pretty psyched.

My lights burned out about 3/4 into my night lap. Luckily all of the tough technical stuff was over so I was able to kind of navigate with a little bit of help from the other rider's lights. It was pretty hairy and it slowed me down but I still had fun. I felt them fading about half way through my lap so I knew I was in for possible trouble.....:rolleyes:

Overall it was a great experience. The weather was perfect and I got to see Tinker Juarez suffer through 16 laps of pain.... I dont know how that guy does it.

By the way, for those of you who mentioned that they heard the course was sandy... IT WAS!!!! I have never ridden in so much sand. I learned all about balancing in the sand this weekend :D

I highly recommend this race for all of you 24hr race fans. It was a blast!

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Awesome job JOJO, that is a great placing! Hey, didn't you just buy those lights? I'd complain to Motionboy!!!!:p

Glad you had fun!

JOJO

Top Banana
Jun 28, 2001
Superior, CO
Originally posted by Heidi
Awesome job JOJO, that is a great placing! Hey, didn't you just buy those lights? I'd complain to Motionboy!!!!:p

Glad you had fun!
Thanks Y'all!

I did just buy those lights from Performance... my friend bought the super duper pricey HID Headlamp from Josh.....

I am going to bring them back because they would not charge up all the way ....... even after being plugged in for over 24 hours.

Motionboy2

Calendar Dominator
Apr 23, 2002
Broomfield, Colorado
Thanks Y'all!

I did just buy those lights from Performance... my friend bought the super duper pricey HID Headlamp from Josh.....

I am going to bring them back because they would not charge up all the way ....... even after being plugged in for over 24 hours.
Congrats JoJo! I am glad it went well!

So are you going to stop by and get some schwanky HID lights now? :)

JOJO

Top Banana
Jun 28, 2001
Superior, CO
Originally posted by Motionboy2
Congrats JoJo! I am glad it went well!

So are you going to stop by and get some schwanky HID lights now? :)
Hehehe... if they are free:D

Hey I saw you the other day on the corner of 28th and Pearl..... I yelled Hey and your friend waved.. he had no idea who I was;)

JOJO

Top Banana
Jun 28, 2001
Superior, CO
Here are some pics from the 24 hours of Moab. These are coming from a crappy grocery store camera so please excuse the quality....

This was the only guy in a Speedo, a cape and cycling shoes at the LeMans start...

:D

Attachments

Chris01

Chimp
Aug 13, 2002
Dallas Area
Hey! I think I saw you on one of the laps...

pedalmasher.com has a video of the start. Actually it isn't up yet, when he gets it finished I will post a link to the video. After previewing it, it gives you quite a good feel for what the dust and sand is like. Unfortunately the camera's decided not to record when we put them out for a lap... bummer. =(

Great event... wayyyy too much sand.

JOJO

Top Banana
Jun 28, 2001
Superior, CO
Originally posted by Chris01
Hey! I think I saw you on one of the laps...

pedalmasher.com has a video of the start. Actually it isn't up yet, when he gets it finished I will post a link to the video. After previewing it, it gives you quite a good feel for what the dust and sand is like. Unfortunately the camera's decided not to record when we put them out for a lap... bummer. =(

Great event... wayyyy too much sand.
Cool! I would love to see it.

If you saw me you were probably passing me;)

What team where you on?

Chris01

Chimp
Aug 13, 2002
Dallas Area
hahaha, I was on a very sloooowww team. Pedalmasher Too. We had three teams out and just absolutely had a blast.

I checked his website this morning and it looks like he is still editing the video he shot while out there. It should be up soon.

JOJO

Top Banana
Jun 28, 2001
Superior, CO
hahaha, I was on a very sloooowww team. Pedalmasher Too. We had three teams out and just absolutely had a blast.

I checked his website this morning and it looks like he is still editing the video he shot while out there. It should be up soon.
Cool. The Moab race is all about having fun. I dont think you can take it too seriously.... unless you are going to win money and eternal fame of course:p

Motionboy2

Calendar Dominator
Apr 23, 2002
Broomfield, Colorado
Hehehe... if they are free:D

Hey I saw you the other day on the corner of 28th and Pearl..... I yelled Hey and your friend waved.. he had no idea who I was;)
LOL! THat was funny! I didn't see you but he was all excited and said "Hey, some hot girl just waved at me!" Man is he going to be disapointed when I tell him you were waving at me! :D

JOJO

Top Banana
Jun 28, 2001
Superior, CO
Originally posted by Motionboy2
LOL! THat was funny! I didn't see you but he was all excited and said "Hey, some hot girl just waved at me!" Man is he going to be disapointed when I tell him you were waving at me! :D
Ha!:D

Chris01

Chimp
Aug 13, 2002
Dallas Area

Better late than never, but the video of the run is up... plus a lot of extra stuff. Note... the guy shooting the run video didn't actually have to ride that lap.

Last video on the page, at the bottom.

http://www.pedalmasher.com/html/2003_fall.html#24hoursofMoab