Quantcast

24" Odyssey Path: Weight and First Impression

Axis

Monkey
Jun 9, 2004
Wire bead unlike the QBP site says and it weight 781 grams!

But...

Everything good about the 20" versions is still true... rolls fast, super strong sidewalls, very grippy and takes 100psi.

The Spec comp has been replaced!

I don't see myself ever getting a pinch flat with this tire. Rode street on it and it is solid!

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
I've had a couple days on this tire riding dirt and it's working well so far. I am still running it at low PSI because I exploded my first tube off the rim, so I'm going to give the tire another few days to stretch before I go for 90psi. I am pretty sure it was the cheap tube or my rim's fault though, and not the tire.

Yes it is P-lyte; there is no K-lyte version available. Odyssey told me the entire run of these tires is rather small.

I wish they released the knobby Aitken for the front.

Axis

Monkey
Jun 9, 2004
I am still running it at low PSI because I exploded my first tube off the rim, so I'm going to give the tire another few days to stretch before I go for 90psi.
What rim are you using?

Axis

Monkey
Jun 9, 2004
i have Alienations... which is probably the reason. Wish I had the $ for some real rims.

-r
Yup it is the rims. I am running the hazards now and with the lip that is on the path there is no way the tire is gonna blow off. Another great choice is the sun ryno lite xl's.

Axis

Monkey
Jun 9, 2004
oh be careful mounting tires after they blow off the alienation. I had those rims... what happens is the tire bead is either ripped off or it is worn down. The bead might look ok at first glance... check it very well.

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
yeah i like Rhyno XLs on my 26. If I had my choice, I'd probably go the stronger Ody in the rear and the Sun in the front.

It blew off at like 50 psi and the tube shredded itself... the tire looks fine; I think it was more of a tube-related issue.

thanks
-Rob

Stoked

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2004
LI, NY
tire looks good Axis. nice and hefty.

Rob,
what 24" are you on now?

this just confirms my understanding that alienation rims suck.

Axis

Monkey
Jun 9, 2004
tire looks good Axis. nice and hefty.

Rob,
what 24" are you on now?

this just confirms my understanding that alienation rims suck.
The tire is only 5 ounces heavier than the tioga fs100 and way way stronger. The path is rated as the same size as the tioga but it is noticeably smaller.

The runaway rims... I dented the sidewall and put a nice flatspot on my runaway in no time. That rim destroyed two mac2's and even a tabletop!!! Vance who rides for USB is the only guy I have seen have his last with mac2's.... but eventaully it happened to him too.

quickneonrt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2003
Staten Island NY
I also got a Fit CR24 for a great price changed the cranks to primo hollow bites chainring to a primo aneyerlator seatpost to primo pivital seat to subrosa pivital stem to a primo aneyerlator and Fly rear brake it actually stops now. I had thought the Alienation rims were suposed to be good. what rim set up would be good after I destroy these?

gackrider24

Monkey
Jun 4, 2007
NJ
does anyone know anything about the alienation deviant rim? Its front specific and super light at 400grams(in the ball park) is this a wet noodle strength rim ?

newrider3

Monkey
Oct 13, 2007
Colorado
All Alienation products are just rip-offs of better known brands, with just enough changed to make them suck, IE knock offs of Ody/GSport rims with lower sidewalls and smaller bead hooks that like to ruin tires.

quickneonrt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2003
Staten Island NY
I wish Fly made 24" rims they remind me of old Proclass rims.

what is a strong 24" hoop? should I keep the cr24 hubs anyone know what kind they are? I would love to do Profiles on a nice set of rims or how are shadow hubs or demolition hubs? anyother sugestions? I want to keep the stock gear ratio on the cr24 with an 11t rear

Last edited: