Quantcast

24" rims.....

Larson TT y0!

Monkey
Jan 21, 2007
Maryland
So I've got a 24" in the works and I have yet to see all the different rim choices. I know of an alex (not that great) Atomlab stuff (heavy and more of a dish) and Rhynolite's (Ok..I guess but i'm known to destroy them) I can't stand the look of dished wheels on street bikes and if that means I won't have a stronger wheel so be it!

Another question..I'll be running 990's, how well do they work on black rims vs. chrome? :clapping:

fiddy_ryder

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Hollywood
why would a atom lab have more dish than a rhyno? dish is determined by your rear spacing/alignment.

i think you may be confused with teh the profile of the rim, being more V shaped and squared.

im running the rhynolite XL's, i did whack it out of true the first ride, but thats partially my fault. i got back to true and so far so good on the second ride. ive heard good stuff about the 26" atom lab rims, id imagine the same for the 24's. maybe check out the halo's?

Boxxer

Monkey
Jul 18, 2005
Dirty South
Sun MTX wont work with rim brakes.

Im running 24 sun XLs and they are still running great after around 10 months of solid multiple rides per week, including skate park copings, boxes, hips you name it. Im 185 pounds and not really a super smooth rider, but Im working on it.

Mudpuppy

Monkey
Oct 20, 2001
Port Orchard/Not WSU
I have been happy with my Planet X rims. I'm with you in Rynolites being weaksauce. I think I might have the discontinued BMF model, but check out the LMF they have held up well for me and have a machined breaking surface.

sb317

Monkey
Sep 6, 2005
North Carolina
I've got Rhyno Lite XL's as well and they are holding up fine after a lot of street and some cased landings on the dj's. I had some Dia-comps with the Fiesta kit and they worked really good. I've since switched to Demolition Vulcans and I really like those.

Gl3N

Chimp
Jul 12, 2004
Ohio
I am running Black Rhyno Lite XL with Evo 2 Brakes Tech 77 Lever and Kool Stop Pads and they work great. Lots of stopping power. I recently switched to the kool stops from the stock Evo 2 pads and that made a huge difference.

As far as the Rim it is holding up well. Not to many rides on it but its still straight.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
RLXLs are great in 24. Super strong and light, and they brake well in black because they're machined.

Leethal

Turbo Monkey
Oct 27, 2001
Avondale (Phoenix)
I have had good luck with Sun BFR's..

As long as the black is anno and not paint it will work just fine with some good pads... Kool Stop or Odyysey or even the Fiesta pads.

standard125r

Chimp
Dec 7, 2006
have a look at T.H.E eliminator rims in "24,
the pinch flat system genuinely does work!
very strong too, but a little heavy.

i ran 48spoke "24 bfr's on my pashley 24mhz for years,
tough wheel right there.

ServeEm

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2006
SacTown
What about Funn 24" rims? My LBS said they can get me what I want but he had a DMR 24 set up on the floor which had Funn rims. It was set up for disc but he said that it should be perfectly fine for rim brakes.

BTW, does BFRs come in 36hole? I've only seen em in 48.

Leethal

Turbo Monkey
Oct 27, 2001
Avondale (Phoenix)
FUNN is a bit heavier don'thave any firsthand experience with it although the shape and cavities look good--could be made out of 5th generation recycled Coors cans though..

BFR is available in 36 hole.. jrbicycle is a good shop give them a holler.

jonnymtb

Chimp
Mar 22, 2007
you should go with Arrow Racing DHH or FRX 24" rims...i had them on my old .243 and they were sick! never ever went out of true and i am NOT a smooth rider. you can get them in 32 oe 36 or any other custom drilling....