Quantcast

24in or 26in

t1maglio

Monkey
Oct 29, 2001
southern wisconsin
Whats your background? I come from a BMX background and I was always disappointed by 26" bikes, they were just to big. When I finally got my 24" I was amazed about how well it translated from a 20", not to mention jumping and doing tricks just seemed easier on it. I have noticed that bigger guys seem to do better on 26" bikes, but that is generalizing. I'm just a hair under 6' and as I stated, a 24" is perfect for me. I would suggest trying them both out if thats possible, but if you want a big bmx bike get the 24". If you are doing MTB trails and hucks, whatever, 26" might be better.

Check out the two bikes I have in my signature, both are great bikes just different wheel sizes.

Windowlicker

Monkey
Dec 27, 2007
Santa Cruz
16" wheels are going to be the next fad.
Jump on the bandwagon early.
my buddy has a 16. i used it to win the local downhill race, CCCX, divison for pixie bikes. haha it was fun until he bailed trying to do something and it flew up and the wheels like exploded..
haha good times

BikeSATORI

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
one world...
25".
search it. It will make you denounce your religion... and if you don't have one, it will make you take one on!
seriously. Suzuki backs it.

I think it depends on what frame you are eyeing too... geometry is almost more important than wheel dia. in my eyes.

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2007
Canada
25".
search it. It will make you denounce your religion... and if you don't have one, it will make you take one on!
seriously. Suzuki backs it..
I don't think its gonna go. KHE and Suzuki introduced this product 2 years ago and no one else has come on board. Too bad, eh?

I ride BIG vert and flatland --- SO 26" all the way baby!!! :happydance: