Quantcast

24's and the way of the dodo.

HTFR

Monkey
Aug 20, 2002
Chelsea, Quebek
why is it becomming so impossible to find good 24' tires. granted i guess i already know the answer i'll get, production cost...supply and demand... you dont need them... but, i think think they are needed (becuase i want to ride them :love: ). the maxxis line looks bare, michelin none, who else produces a good sticky dh tire? continental??? more of a rant then a question.

Discostu

Monkey
Nov 15, 2003
How about intense? The 909's grip well. Unfortunately not too durable though. Check out Kenda Nevegals too, haven't tried them but I've heard good things.

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
JeffD said:
Specialized makes a few good soft (55a) 24s. Used to run one myself on a Big Hit and it was excellent.
:stupid:

Special_ed tires are your best bet. We sold a ton of 'em at the shop where I worked this summer.

The Rose

Monkey
Aug 2, 2004
pine barrens N.J
I ride the Kenda blue groove stick-e 's . I love them. They have a duro of 50 so they last a while longer than some of the other sticky compounds. They work great at diablo freeride park, which is alot of rocks and hard pack. the nevegals are more suited for softer, looser trails.

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
i've got a kenda nevegal rear tire; its the best 24" tire i've tried (i've used nokian, arrow, maxxis, specialized) for rooty / rocky / sometimes loamy / often wet northshore & whistler trails. stiff sidewalls, not too heavy; the 2.5 is a perfect width - about the same as a maxxis 2.7. good stuff.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
There are tons of GOOD 24s available now. Just look around a little. I like the Maxxis HR and Nevegal.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Those close outs from Jenson are the special 50D right? I think only a few were made and Jenson got em. Good find. Let us know if they have the orange stripe or not.

mtbman4

Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
windrock
Southbay Bomber said:
I just scored two close out Maxxis HR 2.7" from Jenson@ $16ea. IRC still makes the Kujo DH 2.35"
I ordered two 24 X 2.7 High Rollers from Jenson a few months ago for $14 each, and I recieved two 26 X 2.5s. Grrrr....

Discostu

Monkey
Nov 15, 2003
The jenson usa highrollers do have the orange stripe, i got a 50d 24x2.7. In fact any 24" high roller will have it, because they were only ever made in 60 durometer and 50 durometer, both of which have the stripe. Of course for 2005 no tires have the stripe, but i'm not sure if maxxis still produces the 24" high roller or if they are relying on old stock?