Quantcast

24s in the US- where to buy?

JTVW

Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
somewhere hot
I'm gonna be building up a 24" mtbmx or whatever you wanna call it, but it seems like 24s aren't catching on here like they have elsewhere. Have yet to ask my local shops, cause I want to shop around online to get a sense of what I'm looking to spend.

So, who have you bought from and what did you buy? Is there any one-stop-shop kind of place? I will probably be buying some things used to save some money, but if I can find good deals for new stuff, I'd rather go that route. Peace of mind kind of thing.

FYI I'm looking for a 24 specific frame for general do anything play bike stuff, 80mm or less suspension fork, rear disk, singlespeed, that kind of thing. I'm liking the blk mrkt contraband, but still open to pretty much everything.

sealclubber

Monkey
Nov 21, 2007
do you wanna do mtbmx or are you open to trails oriented 24" bmx? if so check out liquid bikes, frame and bars only though. i went from 26" mtb to this and i enjoy it alot more. sure, id like a rear disk, but u-brakes slow me down alright. im happier without front susp

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
Contraband would be rad, and I strongly agree with Liquid BMX 24" and Union Street MTBMX 24" as suggestions.

even though this is U.S. you can still get everything. any local bike shop that carries distributor BTI can get NS, for example.

http://www.bti-usa.com/public/category/BK/FRFR/NS/NS1431?page=1#NS1431

BTI part #: NS-1431
vendor part #: NS1431
size: 11.8"
top tube: 21.5" (actual)
chainstay: 14.35"
head angle: 72.5 deg
seat angle: 75 deg
headset: 1-1/8" Integrated
bottom bracket: Spanish
seatpost: 27.2mm
front derail: n/a
color: black

•The Capital-24 has stronger tubes for 2011, to help resist denting in critical areas
•110mm rear axle spacing, a super low integrated pivotal saddle mount, modified seatstays and a removeable U-brake mount
•Actual top tube 21.5", effective top tube 22.5"
•For use with 80-120mm travel forks, 24" wheels, Spanish BB, integrated headset. 4.8 lbs

quickneonrt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2003
Staten Island NY
The Dobermann Molosse is also a great 24" mtbmx. 110mm rear spacing, 14mm dropouts, V-brake for more power. They will also build you whatever you want.
Works best with an 80-60mm fork

Last edited: