Quantcast

26 West on the 12th

jondog

Chimp
Apr 7, 2005
G-Vegas
I was at 26 West on Sunday afternoon for a great time of riding! I had not been there since opening day and was really pleased with the progression of the trails! When I got there, it had just finished down pouring but the trails drained really well it was just about right, the Village DH was well packed and fast! The Park Connector was real tacky and super fun, just too short, I wish it went all the way down the mountain! The step-down is awesome, just like butter! Rain hit the mountain again for about 10 minutes late afternoon, but the trails recovered quickly, and we were back on the bikes as soon as the rain stopped. Yo-b was mostly dry until I got to the berm section, Ryan said that section still needs some TLC. Face-Break was good, I think it needs some more traffic to help bed it a little more. And of course, the road gap in the main area was super sweet, it has gotten faster since opening day, I landed once about 8’ down the tranny, that one was from the progression drop, hip, berm area it was a huge rush, and still butter smooth, like I never left the ground.
All in all it was a really fun day with some good riding. By the end of the day I think I had done 10 runs in about 3.5-4 hours, the shuttle/lift worked well, when I got to the top of the lift either the bikes were there or 1-2 minutes away.
26 West is not going anywhere soon, Ryan has put 4 years into making this happen, I don’t think that he is going to give up on it so soon. The biggest think that we can do, as a community of riders, is support 26 West on the weekends by riding. Give him a reason to keep making this a bigger and better lift assisted bike park! There was a good turnout for opening day, let’s keep it up.

Sorry for the long post, I guess I got a little carried away.:biggrin:

Last edited:

Crazy Legs

Chimp
Jul 7, 2004
Greenville
was also there, but it was my first time, so no comparison to opening day, but I had a blast! Most of the trails seem to be bedding in, and the road gap is awesome! Ryan has some big plans for the future, but in the meantime is trying to work out some of the quirks, and add some features. I hope to be back in a couple of weeks!