Quantcast

29 Palms or Barstow?

headkase

Chimp
Oct 5, 2005
I am currently in 29 Palms and just got offered a better paying job in Barstow. Is Barstow better than the palms(it has to be), as far as riding, living is concerned? I'm not from these parts so hook a brotha up.

Homey

Monkey
Oct 27, 2004
The O.C.
Good luck wherever you go. I guess Barstow is closer to Vegas...that's about it. Both places suck unless you have a motorcycle. I personally would stay where you are at and wait for a better offer.

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
Barstow is pretty desolate man. Before making any decisions I'd pick up a yellow pages and see if you can find what you enjoy within a reasonable distance. I grew up in Hesperia, which is about 45 minutes south on the 15 and the only shops I could find that had any inventory I was interested in were 30 minutes away in the San Bernardino valley.

Another thing to consider is that the wind blows 30mph every frikken day. My wife grew up in Wyoming, she claimed that the wind blows alot there, after living in the High Desert she's decided that the wind doesn't blow much in Wyoming. It's not much fun to ride when the wind is blowing like that and forget about doing any dirt jumping or drops unless you can carefully plan them around the wind.