Quantcast

@@@ 3@@@

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Yeah - and the circuit board was the part they replaced back in July to fix a defrost issue... there's no power to *anything* - no interior lights, no display panel power... no nuthin'. I suspect your hunch is correct that the circuit board just completely shit the bed. Which is irritating... being that it's new.

Ah, well - so it goes.

Well if it is new at least it is probably under warranty. You may want to watch the repairman so you can become proficient in replacing the board when it craps out again.

I had a hot water heater that kept frying PCBs. I purchased a new board, would swap it out and order a warranty replacement to keep as a spare. Eventually I got one that actually seemed to work.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Anybody remember how much oil you're supposed to put into the old Z1 Bomber's? 55mm from top, with the fork compressed sounds familiar, but I can't remember.
20 years ago every third thread in this forum was about tuning and oil levels in a Z1.

You have come full circle.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Yeah - and the circuit board was the part they replaced back in July to fix a defrost issue... there's no power to *anything* - no interior lights, no display panel power... no nuthin'. I suspect your hunch is correct that the circuit board just completely shit the bed. Which is irritating... being that it's new.

Ah, well - so it goes.
Have you tried kicking it yet?

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Well if it is new at least it is probably under warranty. You may want to watch the repairman so you can become proficient in replacing the board when it craps out again.
I'm kind of expecting it to be under warranty if it is the main control board. And I *have* watched the tech replace the board... pretty sure I don't want to fuck around like he needs to to get that shit fixed.

Although in a pinch... :D

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all

I rode my e-bike in the woods today and it was fun

Aspen have not turned yet. Some along the road had but not up high.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Anybody remember how much oil you're supposed to put into the old Z1 Bomber's? 55mm from top, with the fork compressed sounds familiar, but I can't remember.
What year? Mine was a 2001 that sucked balls and pissed oil up the right stanchion straight out of the box. Maybe because it was silver and red. I ended up giving it dumbbikes and I think it killed him.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Bike shoes make terrible walking shoes. Burping up Spam and Egg vapors over the course of a ride just proves its inefficiency as a energy source. I am achy and tired because I didn't stick to my game plan....

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
finishing up some work and glanced up at the tv. drew barrymore is on kimmell. talk about both plastic surgery gone wrong and a fashion disaster . . . sheesh.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
damn, that section always kills me.
'tis a good section. And was a good ride. Did the Snowshoe Hare spur, too.

Dirt's awfully sandy these days and some roots and the like are even more eroded than usual so went at a nice 80% pace and emerged unbloodied and satisfied.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
I run a Cushcore+ in my rear tyre plus Muc-off sealant (which is great btw, better than Stans). It is recommended to change the sealant every six months. I checked it at six, still looked good. Somehow now 12 so shit, have to get round to it.

Holy crap that was hard to break the bead off. Had to actually use a rubber mallet on my giant tyre levers to get the first bit off. My fingers hurt.

Sealant still looks good.:butcher:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
What year? Mine was a 2001 that sucked balls and pissed oil up the right stanchion straight out of the box. Maybe because it was silver and red. I ended up giving it dumbbikes and I think it killed him.
It's on a bike that is going away. I way trying to steal the springs to put into another fork, but they are too wide, so I need to refill it now.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
It's on a bike that is going away. I way trying to steal the springs to put into another fork, but they are too wide, so I need to refill it now.
Funny, the softer set of springs was all I salvaged, sold on eBay for about$20.00. I thought I still had a soft set from a 2004 FOX Vanilla 125mm. If they do turn up I'll let you know.

EDIT:125

Last edited: