Quantcast

30" AM bars?

BigHitComp04

Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
Morgantown, WV
Looking for a relatively light set of 30" AM bars. Who makes em? I was considering just getting the RaceFace Atlas FR bars and cutting an inch off but are there any other options? Those seem a bit too "full on" for an AM rig. They will be going on my 2011 Enduro Expert that I just picked up. The stock bars are feeling a bit too narrow as I'm used to 30" bars on my DH bike and really like the wider feel. Any help? Thanks!

climbingbubba

Monkey
May 24, 2007
Nothing really different between a AM and DH bar except width and a little bit of strength unless you go carbon .

I love my Deity bars. Lighter than the Race Face bars as well. The dirty 30's are 30" wide and have 1" rise. The black labels are 31" wide and 19mm rise.

Other options - chromag, Spank, Gravity, and many more

For carbon you could check out Easton Havoc Carbon (29.5" but close enough) or ENVE DH bars which are 31.5" wide I believe.

'size

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2007
AZ
if you can deal with 29.5" the easton havoc carbon is nice and light. assuming you're not afraid of plastic, of course...

jon-boy

Monkey
May 26, 2004
Vancouver BC
I went with the Enve DH bar and trimmed them down to 29.5". I tried the Race Face SIXC at 28.5" but felt it was too narrow for me and my AM shenanigans. I couldn't get my hands on the Easton Havocs at the time. Also the 'plastic' bars are working really well for me right now. I like the feel on the Enve's too.

Mr Lahey

Monkey
Sep 23, 2009
I know they are not 30" wide but the Spank Oozy Ltd are very comfortable on my 6 inch bike and insanely light (mine came in just under 200g). They are the absolute max width you can get away with around here due to crappy trail building with a ton of tree shimmies.

dreads

Chimp
Oct 10, 2010
funn has some full on dh bars that are super long just cut to length. i think they are selling for around 20 bucks online